KASK Koo Open Eyewear M
KASK's KOO optics represent a spirited collaboration for the Italian sport and safety helmet company best known in cycling for their relationship with Team Sky (now Ineos) and other pro cycling teams. The KOO Open Eyewear was developed to fully complement the helmet designs for fit, comfort, and ventilation. By enlisting the lens experts at Zeiss, Kask ensured the optics would be top quality and perfectly suited to the shield design of the KOO Open. In creating a slimmer, lightweight frame system, with unique fit storage features, Kask has ensured an inspired position in the sprt eyewear and optics market.
Kask makes all of their products in Italy from components made there as well. The lightweight, yet strong polycarbonate frame of the KOO Open is flexible, but also provides excellent structure for the pivoting arm and frame systems. You can pivot the shield while wearing to create more air flow, release moisture or ensure the best angle depending on riding position. This is referred to as the Active Airflow System. When you need to store or transport the KOO Open, you can rotate the arms so the curves align inward with the shield shape, which helps protect the whole assembly and reduce space needed. The system is very smart, and accomplished with thin interfaces, and never feels weak or susceptible to damage.
Though Kask hasn't let slip all the materials they use, the rubber for the arm grippers and nose pieces is seriously hydrophilic and grips well no matter how much you sweat. Despite the light weight the KOO Open stays in place. Even with the meidum Kask made the nose pieces adjustable for two positions, and supplies a second pair for smaller faces. The nose pieces ride on the frame, which actually a full frame design, though much of it hidden behind the lens. Removing the lens is simple, with two hinged pieces at the outer edge on the frame that release. It is easy, but the lens will be secure. You do have to handle the lens, so using the cleaning bag to hold the lens is a good idea to minimize cleaning time.
The KOO Open Eyewear comes with two lenses. One is the colored or primary lens, the second is a clear option for overcast days or off-season riding when protection doesn't include the brightness of the sun. Kask has also started offering other lens options- sold separately. As stated before, the Zeiss optics are tremendous, with no loss of sharpness or focal point from the curved shape. You get full UV and glare protection in all lenses, and the Visible Light Transmission is listed in the options below.
The bold statement of the KOO Open has been greeted with joy by Kask helmet fans who struggled to get a good fit from other manufacturers. We have found the the KOO Open work well many other helmets brands, as the streamlined design is quite effective. The design is more Euro than say, Oakley, but not as pronounced as others described in this way. We love the subtle curves, thin shapes, great Zeiss optics and smart features that Kask has brought to the KOO Open Eyewear, and based on sales, many of you do too.
- Shield type, full frame- mostly hidden- cycling eyewear with superb features, optics
- Lenses made by Zeiss for KOO, optically correct, zero distortion, UV protection
- Thin, sculpted polycarbonate frame and arms,
- Arms pivot and rotate 360° for compact storage, protection
- Lenses pivot for air flow adjustment, riding comfort, a.k.a. Active Airflow System
- Rubber pieces on arms and nose pieces hydrophilic, grip wet or dry
- Micrometrical Arm Adjustment for supremely personal fit
- Nose pieces are two position adjustable and a 2nd pair provided for small faces
- Interchangeable lens system controlled by rotating locks, easy to use
- Kask supplies two Zeiss lenses, one colored, one clear
- Includes: structured case, lens cleaning bag, Clear lens, 2nd pair of nose pieces
- Size: Medium
- Frame/Lens (VLT): Black/Smoke Mirror (21%), Black Matt/Super Blue Lens (14%), White/Smoke Mirror (21%)
- Weight: 33 grams