Mavic Ksyrium Pro UST Disc Rear Wheel
Built to be a workhorse, all conditions workhorse, the Ksyrium Pro UST Disc Rear Wheel was developed as a true road disc brake wheel for modern road cyclists with wider tire preference, as well as the option to run tubeless ready tires. The Center Lock disc brake wheel features a 19mm internal rim width for 700x25-32mm tires, Mavic's Zicral bladed spokes, 22mm section profile, and all the Ksyrium technology you have come to expect from this dominant wheel series. On top of that the rim is UST tubeless compatible and the hub is set-up for 12/142mm thru-axle dropouts (can can be adapted for 135mm QR use with optional adapters- sold separately). At 880 grams for the rear, this is a disc brake tubeless ready wheel that can change the way you approach your favorite road courses and training rides.
Performance and technology don't stop at the UST Ksyrium rim, as anyone who has ridden the Instant Drive 360 freehub system can attest. This is a lightweight, dual-ratchet design with 9° engagement. Engagement is much quicker and more consistent than the older FTS-L's pawl system, is less prone to wear, reduces friction considerably with an oversized rubber contactless seal, and requires far less service. On top of that, it is 45g lighter. This 11 speed HG (Shimano) freehub runs smooth and engages quickly, and with a proper 1.85mm spacer you can run with 10-speed cassettes as well. Mavic has also upgraded the rear hub to their new QRM Auto bearing system. You get the same fantastic QRM bearings, but with a system that ensures proper bearing load at all times- by itself.
The benefits of the Road Tubeless system are clear: lower rolling resistance and the smoother ride quality that comes with the ability to run lower tire pressure with a reduced risk of punctures. So you can ride faster, more comfortably, while expending less energy. Mavic has gone to great lengths to build out their tire line-up, and as an original partner in the UST tubeless standard, their decades of MTB knowledge helped drive the success of the road UST system and the tires themselves. Included with the Ksyrium Pro UST Disc Rear Wheel is the 700x25, 260 gram Yksion Pro UST Tire, with it's 127 TPI casing, bead to bead polymide breaker (for puncture and sidewall abrasion protection), and 11-Storm single compound rubber tread that not only provides exceptional grip, but also has very low rolling resistance.
- Road disc UST tubeless rear performance wheel with 19mm internal rim width
- Versatile road wheel that meets current expectations for top quality and overall capability with road disc brakes and tubeless tires
- Center Lock disc rotor interface, can be adapted to 6 bolt (adapter not included)
- 22mm profile Disc-only rims feature ISM4-D, FORE drilling, Maxtal extrusion, SUP joint, UST tubeless channel
- Lacing: 24 light, stiff, strong Zicral spokes with FORE threaded nipples laced IsoPulse: radial drive, 2x nondrive
- Machined aluminum rear hub features alloy axle, Instant Drive 360 freehub system, QRM Auto sealed cartridge bearings
- Hub set-up for 12/142mm thru-axle use, can be adapted with optionally purchased end caps for 135mm quick release use
- Supplied with Yksion Pro UST 700x25 tire with 127 TPI casing, bead to bead protection, 11 Storm rubber compound/tread system
- Tire width range: 25-32mm
- Max pressure tubeless: 25mm 87 PSI, 28mm 70 PSI / Max w/ tube: 25mm 102 PSI
- Includes: Mavic tire sealant and syringe, multifunction wrench, UST valve and accessories, User Guide
- Freehub: Shimano/SRAM 11-speed road compatible (interchangeable system)
- Color: Black (dark grey logos, 1 yellow spoke)
- Weight: 880 grams