Assos LL.Bonka EVO Bib Tights
When the Assos designers are given a mandate to upgrade the best winter bib tight ever made, they can tap into the massive stockpile of Assos proprietary fabrics and library of proven garment construction processes. Though much has carried forward, the designers have achieved their goal. So the LL.Bonka S7 becomes the LL.Bonka EVO. I.E. the Bonka has evolved, now constructed with an true arsenal of proven winter-proof textiles and the CENTO EVO insert to deliver unmatched levels of insulation, protection, and long-distance comfort. With double-layer protection throughout, these stand in as Assos most protective bib tights.
For the most demanding winter conditions that relegate all but the most dedicated riders back indoors, the Bonkas are purpose-built to thrive. We began with the same highly insulating brushed-back RX Heavy that’s used in our Winter Bib Tights, but the team applied a double-layer construction with our acclaimed 2L Stratagon Ultra around the knees, hips, and thighs for added protection, ensuring the front half of your lower body remains fully protected from sleet, road spray, biting winds, and low temperatures. As with the Winter Bib Tights, RX Light makes up the backs of the legs for added breathability in this high-flex region.
The fit of the Bonkas falls into the racingFit category, which means they’re moderately compressive with their double-layer design and definitely feel restrictive when standing upright, but fluid and free when you bend over the handlebars and pedal. The fabric panels flex with each pedal stroke, as they’re both pre-shaped and sewn to fully wrap and support the upper leg muscles, knees, and calves while in motion. One thing to note about all of this technology is with all of the cold weather protection and cutting edge design, the LL.Bonka is incredibly low volume. Less bulk and volume translates to more freedom of movement and a general nimble feel on the bike. Additionally, Assos uses an overlock four needle stitch which provides a tight bond between panels and add plenty of elasticity for an organic feel.
For seat pad detail, Assos wisely chose the Cento S7 EVO insert. This 10mm pad is elastic which greatly cuts down on friction and chafing. The pad features GoldenGate technology, which means it is only attached at the front and rear of the insert, allowing the un-stitched center to free float and act as if it were a natural extension of your body. This give the S7 pad an organic and comfortable sensation. The padding and support hail from the Assos designed memoryFoam which features a shock absorbing, closed cell foam construction. The memoryFoam padding returns to its original form as soon as pressure is released. . The foam is placed in strategic areas including around each side of the prostate area to create a well for pressure release. The top layer of the chamois is billed as Assos superAir and is located directly under the top sheet. This waffled pattern design dissipates heat by creating proper air flow, while simultaneously wicks moisture and perspiration away from your body. Anti-bacterial threading is used on the top sheet to help keep the top pad clean and sanitary. Complementing the pad zone is the frontal Assos kukuPenthouse, a soft, brushed microfiber layer added to the front part of the insert that supports the male anatomy, eliminates pressure, and increases ventilation.
The uppers of the LL.Bonka EVO have anatomic and flat suspenders that use Assos's Y7 Bib Carrier strap design. These straps are s-shaped, super flat and move towards the outside of your chest which offer better support while being lower profile. Thanks to Assos, bib straps no longer have to sit directly on your clavicle. The Y7 carriers offer the support you need while feeling like they are not even there. An isn't that the thing you could say overall about a high performance bib tight.
- Assos iconic winter bib tight engineered for the coldest, harshest winter conditions
- racingFit is tighter and slightly more compressive than regularFit and comfortFit options; it may feel restrictive out of the riding position but feels like a second skin while riding, resulting in improved comfort and less drag
- Stratagon Ultra is used as an additional layer on the knee, hip, and thigh areas; patented 2L windproof and highly breathable softshell constructed with a PU bonded membrane for added water-repellency that maximizes insulation with minimal bulk
- blasenSchutz abdomen and crotch panel made with highly breathable, wind- and waterproof Stratagon Ultra material to increase comfort and warmth
- Fabric detail: 150g/m2 Breathability: MVP 19,000g/m2/24h; Water Column: >10,000mm; Elasticity: 4-way stretch
- RX Heavy is a brushed warp-knit fabric developed to provide exceptional comfort, wick moisture, add high levels of insulation, and remain extremely flexible
- Fabric detail: 290g/m2, ECO water-repellent, and odorControl
- RX Light is lightweight, asymmetrical-stretch warp-knit fabric developed to provide light insulation and boost comfort in high-flex areas
- Fabric detail: 205g/m2, ECO water-repellent, and odorControl
- 10mm Cento S7 EVO elastic interface insert, black colorway, with proven memory foam, designed for a balance between comfort and performance
- goldenGate technology interrupts the stitching along both of the insert’s side panels, allowing a more 3D freedom of movement in this sensitive, rotational area
- kukuPenthouse: A soft, brushed microfiber layer added to the front part of the insert that supports the male anatomy, eliminates pressure, and increases ventilation
- Y7 Frame Carrier Bib Tech wide flexible bib straps converge at the upper back in a Y-shape design, resulting in a flat, stable structure that disappears between the shoulder blades
- Stabilizator V3 Dorsal stabilizer in a solid mesh with limited vertical stretch, carries updated line graphics and climaCode
- Treated with Assos own Durable Water Repellent treatment to add one more level of insurance against the elements
- Type.009 textile Geoprene outermost layer at the bottom of the leg that repels water and adheres to booties
- Reflective Bands placed on the backs of the calves for added visibility
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, XL, XLG
- Color: Blackseries
- Weight: 404 grams (Large)