Assos Mille GT ULTRAZ Winter Jacket
Winter cycling isn't for everyone, but for those who crave a strong start to the season come Spring, and despite the amazing technology available simply can't abide by day after day of indoor training, Assos brings you to the outdoors, ready to buckle down and get after it in the coldest conditions. The Mille GT ULTRAZ Winter Jacket is their warmest winter piece, with the fit and fabric flexibility (4-way stretch) to layer as necessary. This is an Assos regular fit, not the pure race cut, but is still a tapered, cycling cut that for performance riding in the winter. It hits all the cues, at the neck, wrist, lower back, pockets and reflective details, as you know Assos deliver as standards, not upgrades. The real genius of this serious winter jacket is in the fabric technology and how body mapped anatomic engineering brings multiple fabrics together to create a jacket that ensures protection, warmth, as well as inherent breathability and functional cycling design.
The forward facing panels of the Mille GT ULTRAZ Winter Jacket are made with the supreme insulating and protection qualities of the NEOS Ultra + RX fabric. This Double-layer, twinDeck construction, is Assos patented 2L windproof and highly breathable softshell system constructed with a PU bonded membrane for added water-repellency. As impressive as all that is, the fabric is supple, and not thick or overly heavy. You get heavyweight protection and insulation from a textile that is not bulky. The breathability level is incredible for such a thermal/protective combination. The second dominant fabric is the patented 3L windproof and highly breathable NEOS Light. A PU bonded membrane in between light insulation and the outer weave delivers added water-repellency and moisture control. Used on the freedom-oriented Raglan shoulders, upper back and arms, NEOS Light is the perfect complement to it's Ultra cousin.
When you block and hold in heat, you have to manage excess heat and moisture build-up that modulates with your effort level. The final panels and zone feature various weights of Assos RX, a brushed warp-knit fabric has been developed to provide exceptional comfort, wick moisture, add high levels of insulation, and remain extremely flexible. This is the material that maintains the close-to-body fit and wind cheating shape, but allows for layering. The designers added a slick addition, featuring RX, an integrated Face mask, which can easily be deployed or stowed for neck and face protection. All of the fabrics were designed for next-to-skin soft feel and ease of movement over fabrics. You need and want the layers to interact from the skin outward to wick away moisture and llow it to pass to and out the exterior layers. This is what layered textiles with a membrane offer.
The rear pocket structure features Assos Triple Ramp construction, which allows for easy access to the deep, very usable pockets. An S7 non-stretch mesh rear stabilizer controls the vertical movement of the jersey back and pocket, ensuring the pocket structure doesn't sag or stretch. For those new to Assos, this attention to detail may seem unique, but the designers go to great lengths to deliver this level of excellence to every piece. By working to develop and optimize their fabric specs, and applying incredible cycling and garment knowledge to the entire line, the designers can build a perfect pure winter performance piece, the Mille GT ULTRAZ Winter Jacket, that allows you to challenge yourself to dominate the winter cycling experience. Are you ready?
- Impressive winter jacket with premium insulation, protection, breathability and construction for training hard on the coldest days
- Assos Regular Cut, which is still tapered, not as extreme as Race Cut
- Fully windproof, water resistant, with top level insulation
- All fabrics offer 4-way stretch, water resistance, and been treated with DWR
- NEOS Ultra + RX: Double-layer twinDeck 2L construction softshell at front
- NEOS Light 3L windproof/highly breathable softshell w/ PU membrane
- RX: is a brushed warp-knit fabric developed for comfort, to wick moisture, add high levels of insulation, and remain extremely flexible
- Incredible, body mapped breathability to easily manage excess heat/moisture
- Result is lighter "heavyweight", supple, wearable jacket with room to layer
- Pure cycling cut, with all neck, arm, back and front features you expect
- Integrated Face Mask is stowable neck/face protection for extreme conditions
- Assos Triple Ramp 3-pocket rear construction with deep, stretchy, pockets
- Stabilizer S7- mesh fabric w/ minimal vertical give supports pockets
- 2W waistWave: Stitch construction on the waist preserves the natural stretch of the front panel's textile, absent of elastic material
- Full length camLock zipper
- Reflective highlights to keep you safer in low light conditions
- Outer fabric: Polyamide 63%, Elastane 20%, Polyester 17%
- Inner fabric: Polyamide 85%, Elastane 15%
- Breathability: NEOS Light 27,000g/m², NEOS Ultra RX 44,500g/m²
- Waterproof rating: 10,000mm
- Note: the Mille GT ULTRAZ and Mille GT look almost exactly the same
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, XL, XLG
- Color: blueBadge on Black, blackSeries, Nationalred
- Weight: 685 grams (Large)