Assos Mille GT Winter Jacket
Developed to be accessible to more cyclists, the Assos Mille GT Winter Jacket features the several of the Swiss company's performance fabrics to best suit the cut, anatomic fit, and winter cycling requirements it was designed to overcome. Body mapped to deliver the proper levels of protection, breathability, stretch and structure, the Mille GT is at heart a performance wind resistant and waterproof softshell system, though with different fabric weights and protection levels based on heat retention, protection, heat release and functional fit for a semi-aggressive to aggressive riding posture. The piece is wonderfully supple, with soft inner surfaces that glide over under layers and embrace any exposed skin. The Mille GT demonstrates expected Assos construction quality, attention to detail and clean aesthetic, with fit, finish and performance at a price point that will pleasantly surprise.
Assos considers the Mille GT Winter Jacket part of their ComfortFit series, which maintains a clean, tapered cut and look, but with fabric and structure that is more forgiving to layering. Frontal chest protection is the first key to temperature maintenance. The 3-layer thermal soft-shell NEOS Medium fabric isn't bulky, is exceptional at wind blocking. The inner layer is a light insulation, and a one-way membrane can release heat and moisture. The strategically deployed NEOS Light is used on the freedom loving Raglan shoulder panels, outer arms and dorsal of this jacket, all locations that require protection and breathability but with more stretch and lighter weight. Rounding off this jacket in pursuit of an ergonomic fit and improved breathability, Assos employed their race-proven RX fabric on the back and underarms of this jacket. Step one, block cold and maintain heat. Step two, ensure comfort and stretch while providing protection and breathability. Step three, release excess heat and moisture quickly and easily to prevent build-up. The result is a winter riding experience that feels more natural and comfortable. The outer layers used all over the piece feature both integrated PU panels for rain resistance, and the whole piece is treated with a DWR coating.
The cut is cycling specific, with expected long rear with extra coverage, short front, tall neck and collar, extended, glove friendly sleeves. The Assos tripe ramp rear pocket structure is deep and supported, so you can load all three pockets as needed. Reflective details never go amiss. While the industry can get overly obsessed with black colored garments, for winter there are many benefits: attracting solar heat, defeating and hiding the road grime that destroys brighter colors, and it stands out against lighter, defoliated backgrounds as well as snow. As a long time Assos dealer, and located in a region where winter riding is part of the culture, the staff at Excel Sports is impressed with the qualities and characteristics of the Mille GT Winter Jacket (plus we can pronounce it), and love it compared to several other winter jackets in this price range. We expect you will as well.
- Wind and water blocking winter cycling jacket with Assos signature engineering and application of fabric knowledge
- Different weight softshell fabric tech featuring NEOS Medium and Light
- Ideal protection to seal out the cold and wet, while maintaining heat
- Incredible, body mapped breathability to easily manage excess heat/moisture
- Result is lighter "heavyweight", supple, wearable jacket with room to layer
- Pure cycling cut, with all neck, arm, back and front features you expect
- Assos Ramp 3-pocket rear construction with deep, stretchy, pockets
- Stabilizer S7- mesh fabric w/ minimal vertical give supports pockets
- Full length camLock zipper
- Reflective highlights to keep you safer in low light conditions
- Materials: Nylon 46%, Polyethylene 35%, Elastane 19%
- Breathability: NEOS Light 27,000g/m², NEOS Medium 14,600g/m²
- Waterproof rating: 10,000mm
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, XL, XLG
- Color: blueBadge on Black
- Weight: 388 grams (Medium)