Castelli Nanoflex Pro Omloop 2 Bib Shorts
Lightweight and breathable, with moderate insulation and excellent stretch, the Omloop Thermal Bib Short carries the anatomic construction and mild compression you expect from a Castelli bib short. Thermoflex carries up along the lower external obliques, but then gives way to mesh fabric yolk with elastic and mesh bib straps that keep the fit perfect no matter what you are putting your bike through. Some cycling clothing companies opt for a more insulated bib upper, but Castelli believes that the effectiveness and options you have from layering on the upper body is a better way to manage thermal requirements above the waist.
With the extended length of the leg sections, Castelli focused on comfort, especially with the fact that the cuff could irritate behind the knee. The shape follows the function, with a longer front, which reduces around the back of the knee. The fabric is left in a raw-cut edge, which sits flat, and is soft on the skin. You can follow the anatomic shapes of the leg panels up from the knew and onto the hips and glutes to see how Castelli creates complementary muscle support and freedom of movement, with an excellent fit overall. We have found that midweight fleece bibs can struggle to maintain hold and fit, losing elasticity or just feeling loose (even if they actually aren't). With the Omloop Thermal you never need to worry about this.
The Progetto X2 Seamless seat pad is broken into three parts. The top sheet or skin care layer, the seamless cushion layer which resides below and the viscous comfort inserts. The skin care layer has a four-way stretch, micro denier and bacteriostatic fabric which adapts to the shape of your body and saddle without any folds in the fabric. The seamless layer underneath features multi-density foam with infinitely variable thickness. The pad has been shortened up from previous versions with more padding concentrated in the sit bone areas. At the very high points (sit bone area) the seat pad measures 17mm. These high points are also gel-like viscous areas for total comfort. From there the seat pad tapers to almost no padding in areas where you simply do not need it. This results in a low-volume seatpad that serves up plenty of comfort.>
- Extended length leg, moderately insulated bib short ideal for cool/cold racing/training
- Designed for cool, damp environments of northern Europe, great for road, cyclocross
- Thermoflex fabric for exceptional warmth, stretch and breathability
- Mesh bib straps so that you can regulate insulation with your base layers, not the bib
- Anatomic panelization provides muscle support, free range of movement, great fit
- Bib short legs cut just to the knee, with raw-cut edge at anatomically shaped knee
- Progetto X2 Seamless pad for endurance comfort, excellent stretch, breathability
- Reflective viz strips and leg logo for visibility
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, XL, XXL
- Color: Black/Red Reflex
- Weight: 214 grams (Medium)