Selle Italia Novus Kit Carbonio Flow S Saddle
Striking a balance between comfort and race performance is no easy for bicycle saddle makers. Selle Italia has the longest and most effective history of developing such saddle options. The Novus Kit Carbonio Flow S Saddle is a great example. At a claimed weight of 190 grams, this a is lightweight platform that supports narrow to medium width sitbones. The shape and structure of the Novus Flow S favors that personal structure type, in a rider with average pelvic rotation, making this an S2 in Selle Italia's ID Match system. The flatter back half of the saddle is shaped for power transfer and energy return, while the graduated, slightly wider, lowered curve nose is designed to allow the rider to pull forward for max power when needed without sacrificing skin or stability. The performance is clear. The balance towards comfort comes from the technologies and materials used to build the Novus Kit Carbonio Flow S Saddle.
The 137mm width of the S model saddle (small), hits in the right places, while somehow feeling more substantial. This moderate width is often a great choice even for those who fit on a 131-132mm wide saddle, as well as for those who might favor a 142-145mm width. The shell is the foundation of the seating system, with a carbon/nylon matrix material that is resilient to use, but has a slight give that eases the ride but also keeps contact with the rider under load, mitigating impacts and helping with the natural body movement that comes with hard pedaling action. The shell is both augmented and supported by the 7x9mm oval CarboKeramic rails. On top of the shell a moderate amount of dense padding supports and cushions the ride. For durability, smooth feel, and sharp looks, a synthetic FibraTek cover carries the Selle Italia banner and design. Scuff guards protect the saddle wings for good measure.
The Flow designation refers to the pressure relieving cut-out in the center. For the Novus Kit Carbonio Flow S Saddle this channel is fairly narrow, but still useful. The designers created edges that are curved and padded, so the transitions are subtle and don't cause friction or pressure points. Selle Italia offers this Small size in the 137mm wide, 275mm length set-up. If the design and features interest you, a Large size is available as a 146mm wide by 278mm long version. Both sizes are offered in both black and white color covers.
- Narrow to medium width saddle with cut-out, balances comfort, performance
- Ideal for road, endurance or gravel use for riders with average pelvic tilt
- Small size of the Novus Kit Carbonio: 137mm width, 275mm length
- Composite carbon/nylon shell is resilient, yet slightly compliant
- FibraTek synthetic cover allows rider movement and is durable to long use, weather
- CarboKeramic 7x9mm oval rails add structure, vibration damping at low weight
- Medium-narrow Flow cutout, has curved padded edges, eases central zone pressure
- Suitable for cyclists with average pelvic rotation, narrow medium width sit bones
- Selle Italia ID Match: S2
- Colors: Black, White
- Weight: 190 grams