Pearl Izumi PRO Amfib Lobster Glove
If you ride in winter conditions, whether just in freezing temperatures, or in the cold and wet, the Pearl Izumi PRO AmFIB Lobster Glove may be the right glove for you. Featuring the two split finger design known as the Lobster style, the glove is constructed with compact 130g Primaloft® Gold Insulation and a new DWR coated PRO Softshell material for major warmth and protection. A waterproof polyurethane insert provides extra water protection, while a fleece lining inside feels soft on the hand, while easing moisture away from the skin and passing it onto to the outer layer for gradual release. This is a glove for high intensity exercise in winter conditions.
The split two finger design allows for greater shared warmth, like a mitten, but also takes into account that cyclists need to use gear and brake levers. While it seems bulky, the softer, flexible fabrics available today make the design fully functional with just a little practice. If you struggle with cold fingers in cold temperatures, the Lobster style glove can ease blood flow to the fingers and help keep you warm. You still have enough dexterity to ride safely, in fact with your hands warmer, you will be safer than riding with numbed digits.
A Clarino™ synthetic leather palm is both supple and durable, to protect the glove from wear. The forefinger pair (index and middle) features polyurethane stripes under and above the finger for no-slip grip. and the soft fleece wiping surface on the back of the thumb is always appreciated. Pearl Izumi has gone to great lengths to make the AmFIB Lobster Glove fit and function as a normal glove would, and the palm and finger designs get the benefit of the 1:1 anatomic design process. The stretchy outer shell won't feel too tight in full grip, nor will the palm bunch up against the handlebar. The long gauntlet and hook and loop closure up the wrist will seal out the elements and hold heat in.
Some cyclists have always stayed away from Lobster style gloves- too bulky, too challenging to use. Some cover up their desire to look suave and cool and at all times with such complaints. With the fabrics and technology available today, the PRO AmFIB Lobster Glove is not only viable, but exceptional, and if you want to experience warmer fingers and more comfort in winter conditions, you owe it to yourself to try a truly superior product that offers excellent warmth, weather protection, from a fully functional glove design.
- Weatherproof, insulated Lobster-claw style glove with exceptional functionality
- PRO Softshell with DWR finish shell provides wind and water protection
- 130g Primaloft® Gold insulation provides warmth without bulk
- Clarino™ synthetic leather palm provides superior softness and durability
- Anatomic fit maximizes finger dexterity for shifting and braking
- Fleece lined interior is soft, helps pull moisture away from skin
- 1:1 Palm design ensures great fit, no bunching when gripping bar
- Hook and loop closure on long wrist gauntlet seals out elements
- Reflective elements for low–light visibility
- Color: Black
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, XL, XXL