Park Tool PRS-22.2 Team Issue Repair Stand
The Park Tool PRS-22 Team Issue Workstand was a huge step forward from the venerable PRS-20 and PRS-21 models. There was one complaint from users- the rotation system wasn't quite as smooth, nor solid feeling, as it needed to be. Now updated as the PRS-22.2 Team Issue Repair Stand, all of the other features are same. Designed for ease of of travel and storage, as well as complete functionality for Pro cycling team mechanics, this tripod and beam rail design is simple to set-up and use, allows for 360° access to the bike, features adjustable height, works with any axle system or bottom bracket design, and weighs just 12.5lbs.
The weight is a shocker, but certainly appreciated by all those who have to lug race equipment around. Precisely constructed of anodized 6063 T6 lightweight aluminum and durable composites, the PRS-22.2 is both fully functional as a stand, and very stable. Adjustable, folding tripod legs are secured via a control knob, with the post height controlled by quick release. Besides the materials, the PRS-22.2 distinguishes itself from its siblings with the new beam and bike fitment design. The alloy beam is shaped for strength and smooth action, can be adjusted fore and aft to optimize balance and has a QR locking system. The dropout cradle has a center top adjusting knob, and an innovative dropout security system that works with QR's and thru-axles of any size. You can mount with either the fork or rear frame dropouts, offering maximum set-up flexibility and bike access.
Bottom bracket supports are customizable, feature raised feet- covered in durable vinyl, that allow for free cable movement, access, full pedaling action, won't damage your frame, and will work with any type of BB shell. As simple velcro strap is provided to hold the frame in place during service or cleaning. The overall working height of the stand can be adjusted from 30"- 45" off the ground, which offers plenty of range for most mechanics. The whole assembly folds up, and can be stored and transported as is, or with the Park BAG-20 (sold separately). Many shops keep a PRS series stand on hand for special use, such as with bike washing, for triathlon/time trial frame designs that aren't clamp friendly, as well as for race or event use. Pro teams can't survive with out such a stand, and any cyclists with limited space or who love to have a stand in their vehicle every time they travel will opt for this style stand. Park now also offers an extension, the PRS-22EXT, which allows you add 6" rail of length for longer wheelbase/front center frame designs. The tremendous flexibility of use of the PRS-22.2 Team Issue Workstand and user-friendly lightweight will push this stand to the top of the podium.
- PRS-22.2 firmly holds any bike without clamping frame or seat post, ideal for race/travel, also great as a portable home stand for any cyclist
- Updated and improved rotation system which is smoother, feels more solid
- Works with any style axle system, including quick release and all sizes of thru-axles without cumbersome adaptors
- Ideal for cleaning and general repair work, TT/Tri bikes that can't be clamped
- Features a solid tripod base and folds compactly for storage or transport
- Precisely built with anodized 6063 T6 lightweight aluminum, durable composites
- Adjustable BB height of 30" to 45"
- Customizable bottom bracket supports accommodate a wide variety of BB shells
- Main beam is adjustable fore and aft to customize balance points
- 360° horizontal rotation allows easy access to all sides of the bike
- PRS-22EXT 6" rail extension available for longer frame designs (sold separately)
- Easily transported in the BAG-20 (sold separately)
- Color: Blue/Black
- Weight: 12.5lbs