Castelli Polare 2 Bib Tights
Do you have a bib tight that is comfortable, warm, and allows you to perform without compromise in dry cold temps, such as from the low 20's to 40 deg F? No? Then you need the Polare 2 from Castelli. This incredibly warm bib tight blocks the onrushing cold air, keeps you toasty, yet pulls moisture away from the skin and releases it so you don't get cold. It even will block a fair amount of rain or snow, though it isn't considered waterproof.
The Thermoflex Core2 insulating fabric uses a two layer system to deliver such insulation and moisture transport. used on the back side of the Polare 2, the polyester inner layer has a soft fleece that eases moisture off the skin through movement. The nylon based outer layer moves against the polyester, grabbing and expelling the moisture. The yarn used in the polyester fleece is spun into hollow core fibers. These fibers trap and hold heat, but not moisture. The knit itself is very tight, excellent for maintaining warmth, but also blocking wind and cold air.
The front of the Polare 2 features Gore's Windstopper® X-Fast fabric, which completely blocks wind and provides insulation, but is exceptionally light and flexible to allow for free and full range of motion. The 4-way stretch is also waterproof in addition to the standard wind blocking. The material breathes exceptionally well- a great complement to the ThermoFlex Core2.
The bib upper and straps are made from a stretchy mesh fabric that won't hold moisture. Castelli prefers that you can layer accordingly, and doesn't insulate the upper. Like the entire bib tight, the mesh is lightly compressive, anatomically cut, and delivers exceptional fit. The Kiss Air seat pad is the perfect choice for serious cold weather cycling. The continuously variable density pad is anatomically cut for ideal padding placement, and the material wicks and releases moisture effectively. Castelli provides ankle zips for easier on-off action, and the zippers and legs have reflective detailing that provides visibility. The Polare 2 Bib Tight is ready for the cold winter, once you have yours, you will you be too.
- Highly insulating, wind blocking, water resistant bib tight for training in cold temps
- Thermoflex Core2 back for extra warmth with brushed fleece inside
- Full Windstopper® X-Fast front for total wind protection, blocks water
- Anatomically cut and shaped for full, free range of movement
- KISS Air continuously variable thickness seat pad for all-day comfort
- Mesh bib upper and straps releases moisture, provides compressive fit
- Ankle zips and legs feature reflective detailing
- Ideal temperature range: -5-4deg;&C / 23-39deg;&F
- Color: Black
- Sizes: Medium, Large, XL
- Weight: 350 grams (Medium)