Louis Garneau Providence 2 Chamois Bib Tights
Riding in cool to cold (30-50 degree temperature range) weather can keep your fitness leves in the right zone during the shoulder seasons. When it is damp as well, you need a bib tight that insulates and offers some barrier protection,but without restriction. The Garneau Providence 2 Chamois Bib Tight was built for this. It is not the piece for extreme cold or driving rain, but to be sure most of the hardiest cyclists merely peer through the window on such days. Getting caught out- than can happen. Heading out in those conditions means you likely have a deep, well equipped cycling wardrobe. What this bib tight allows is for true hard efforts and aggressive riding when the conditions are a challenge, but not an obstacle. If you have ever ridden in the Providence, RI area during the fall months, you know the city, which sits at water level nearly always feels cold and damp, meaning if you aren't riding hard, you will get cold at 35 degree's. At the same time you can maintain heat, with real moisture release and comfort from this well designed and spec'ed cycling bib tight.
On high output days when you need to ride at your absolute best, you need bib tights that will give you the support you need. The Providence 2 Chamois Bib Tights feature the same fabrics as Garneau's higher-end Course offerings with plenty of features that let you perform at your best whether it's race day, training day, cyclocross action or just an afternoon of fun. One stand out feature is the windproof Supra WindDry outer fabric that blocks the cold air from entering and cooling you down, while the brushed back lining gives it an extremely smooth feel on the skin. The same brushed inner adds a little loft, retaining heat while easing moisture off the skin and out through the layer, hence the piece feature all-weather protection, moisture management for enhanced breathability, and an anatomic panel structure with articulated knees that delivers freedom of movement. The full mesh back and shoulder straps keep your upper body dry and supported.
The Providence 2 also carries the high mileage Garneau Motion AirGel Chamois. Made with soft CUPRON fabric that reduces inflammation to the skin, eliminates chafing, and provides antimicrobial properties, the chamois is ideal for long hard efforts in cold weather. There are two forms of padding, one of which is the AirGel perforated inserts that neutralize impact and vibration. The perforated high density foam features Beveled Edge Molding for supreme transitional comfort. Garneau places a premium on chamois ventilation, figuring regardless of weather or conditions, keeping your skin as dry as possible is crucial to comfort and mitigating any risk of chafing. The Motion AirGel is sculpted for an aggressive posture and long hard rides. It may have more padding than your ideal summer chamois, but the cut and design emphasize padding placement because when your ride requires comfort and not minimalism, you will have what you need to stay out longer.
The essential finishing touches, from the ant-irritation seams, to the wide flat finished edges of the bib upper, and down to the 5" offset ankle zips all improve the user experience and demonstrate Garneau's direct knowledge of what cyclist's need. Finally reflective logos and trim help keep you visible and safe.
- Cool to cold weather winter cycling bib tight with chamois pad
- Soft inner surface, anatomic panels and design offer pedal motion freedom
- Fabric has a light barrier surface, retains heat, releases moisture through movement
- Mild compression to fabric, with opaque construction for resisting wind and water
- Lower fabric is Supra WindDry: 4-way stretch 3-ply softshell with breathable, windproof and thermal properties, with HeatMax stretch opaque construction knit with brushed inner; wind/water, stain and abrasion resistant
- Upper Square mesh: Ventilation for moisture release, stretchable and quick drying
- Motion Air Gel Chamois Pad (Men's) Perforated gel inserts, Beveled Edge Molding perforated high density foam, antibacterial topsheet, Ergo Air concept for maximum ventilation
- Anti-irritation seams to prevent chafing and the resulting redness
- Wide, finished edge shoulder straps and full square mesh back offer support, comfort
- 5" / 13cm offset ankle zips for easy on-off
- Reflective logos at front and back, Reflective trim
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, XL, XXL
- Color: Black