Shimano R55C4 Brake Shoe 2-Pair
When you need to replace both your front and rear brake pads for aluminum rims on recent Shimano brake calipers pad holders, you can buy this 2-pair of the road standard R55C4 pads to get the job done and save a little money. It is more likely that you will replace your front pads before the rear, but buying this 2-pair option means you will have the second pair on-hand when you need them. For more recent 10 and 11 speed Dura-Ace, Ultegra, and 105 series brake calipers, the R55C4 pad is the current replacement pad. Shimano also refers to cartridge pads as "shoes", which can be confusing, but goes back to the days of integrated pads and holders being called brake shoes. See the comprehensive list of compatible Shimano brake pad calipers/holders below if you aren't sure about which system you have.
The R55C4 Brake Shoe compound was developed in conjunction with the R1900 Dura-Ace group to deliver consistent stopping power, control, and modulation on aluminum rim surfaces in wet or dry conditions. Shimano's braking systems are the best in the business and the pads as the only point of contact, so they must get the job done, and they do. Durability and consistency are essential to rider confidence so the everyday performance of these brake pads is greatly appreciated by cyclists. The segmented pad surfaces allow heat, dust, and water to release during use, with plenty of pad surface for power and control. Shimano includes two pair of brake pads (for two calipers), with the four set screws for installation.
- Two pair of road brake pads for recent Shimano road and cantilever brake systems
- Compound designed for every day use, in wet or dry conditions
- Use only with aluminum rims
- Durable, with long consistent wear when properly installed
- If you ride in wet conditions frequently, pads will wear more quickly
- Slotted lines segment the pad surface to release heat, grime, water
- Works with dual pivot and direct mount calipers as listed below
- Two pair of pads outfits two brake calipers
- Includes four brake pads, 4 set screws w/ mild threadlocker for installation
- Fits: Shimano BR-9100, BR-9000, BR-9010, BR-8000, BR-7900, BR-7800, BR-7700, BR-6800, BR-6700, BR-6600, BR-6500, BR-5700, BR-5600, BR-5501, BR-5500, BR-R650, BR-R561, BR-R560, BR-CX70, as well as pad holders from other companies that use Shimano's holder/shoe standard
- Color: Black