SRAM Rival 1 Type 2.1 Rear Derailleur
SRAM's Rival road drivetrain gets the 1x makeover, with two rear derailleurs optimized for the larger cassettes and single ring front. The 1x11 system is efficient, with quick, smooth shifts and the rear derailleur's longer cage options, increased pulley offset, and X-Horizon straight parallelogram combine with the Roller Bearing Clutch system to manage the stress of the 1x system over a wider cog range, as well as keep proper chain tension throughout the shift and heavy pedaling action.
The Rival 1 Type 2.1 Rear Derailleur is available in a Medium Cage, which can handle 11-26 through 11-36 cassettes, while the Long Cage is designed solely for the 10-42 option (which requires the XD Driver hub and cassette type). SRAM did design these units to work with both 10 and 11 speed drivetrains, though the vast majority of use will come with 11-speed. The bearing enabled 12T pulley wheels were optimized for the requirements of X-Horizon, and the aluminum plates of the cage deliver the torsional stiffness and durability you require, especially for cyclocross.
The bevy of SRAM technologies goes on, with the fantastic Cage Lock system fixing the cage position for faster and easier wheel changes. The proven Exact Actuation 1:1 cable ratio carries forward, keeping the system simple and consistent with road and mountain shifting capabilities. Of course the pulley wheels were also designed for the tooth profiles of the X-Sync chain and tooth system for thoroughly consistent and smooth drivetrain performance, no matter what ring and cog combination you opt for, and during all shifting processes. Though Rival is the most cost-effective of the SRAM road groups, it is by no means limited. Durable, consistent, and with features of the top-end Red components, Rival 1 is here to excel, and we can certainly appreciate that.
- Rear derailleurs designed for use with Force or Rival 1 1x drivetrains
- X-Horizon design reduces shift force while eliminating ghost shifting, chain slap
- 12-tooth X-Sync pulley wheels ride on sealed cartridge bearings
- Large upper pulley offset automatically adjusts chain gap
- Roller Bearing Clutch system to manage stress over a wider cog range
- Cage Lock makes for fast chain or wheel removal and installation
- Inner and outer cage are aluminum for torsional stiffness
- 1:1 Exact Actuation for 11-speed, also compatible with 10-speed
- Medium Cage: 11-26 through 11-36 cassettes
- Long Cage: 10-42 cassette for XD Driver
- Color: Silver/Black
- Weight: 269 grams (Medium Cage)