Jagwire Road Pro Shift Cable Kit
If you are looking for a standard-type (not-sealed) shift cable kit that represents a true performance upgrade over stock Shimano or SRAM road or mountain versions, this Jagwire Road Pro Shift Cable Kit may be your best option. Every component part has been engineered to reduce friction, weight, and hassle. New pro-level polished cables used with Slick-Lube housing liners dramatically reduce friction, delivering improved shifting precision and long-lasting performance. The innovative braided strand construction used in the housing is significantly lighter weight than traditional, linear strand shift housing. You get all needed parts included for both road and mountain systems in a shift kit that is quick and easy to install.
The housing is Jagwire's XEX-SL, a lightweight, flexible design, which features braided steel strands around a Slick-Lube liner with a two layer jacket system. The result is an ideal product for the way that today's dual control shift levers create tight, compressed angles on road handlebars and works impressively well on all applications. It also saves about 30% of the weight of standard 4mm shift housing.
The cable themselves match the innovation and excellence of the housing. This is a truly complementary engineered system. Jagwire uses pre-stretched, polished, slick stainless steel spiral-bound cables. The polishing removes the surface edges and finishes the cable as round as possible with strand cable, allowing it to move consistently, freely, inside the lubed liner of the housing, along any curve shape. This polishing process results in a smoother surface, with lower friction, than PTFE-coated cables. With no coating, these are highly durable and compatible with all performance housings and lubricants, but work perfectly in the XEX-SL housing.
The Jagwire Pro Shift Cable Kit contains a 3200mm roll of 4mm shift housing, along with generous full length 2300mm 1.2mm shift cables. Eleven various type ferrules cover all eventualities, two 5G split Tube Tops, two housing clips, 6 cable donuts, and two crimpable alloy end caps round out the package. This is truly an upgrade for over 90% of all OE road and mountain shift cable and housing kits. Jagwire has applied innovative construction and high tech materials to ensure that shifting performance is considerably enhanced with the use of this complete kit. It even comes in several housing color options. Road cyclists can also mix or match colors with the Jagwire Road Pro Brake Cable Kit.
- High tech upgrade shift cable/housing kit for road or mountain shifting systems
- 4mm XEX-SL, a lightweight, flexible design, which features braided steel strands around a Slick-Lube liner with a two layer jacket system resulting in housing that is 30% lighter than standard options
- 1.2mm STS-PS pre-stretched, polished, slick stainless steel spiral-bound cables
- Polishing leaves smoother surface with lower friction than PTFE-coated cables
- 3200mm roll of 4mm shift housing
- 2 2300mm 1.2mm derailleur cables
- 11 black alloy housing ferrules
- 3 sealed ferrules
- 6 lined ferrules
- 2 hooded ferrules
- 2 black rotating housing hooks
- 6 black cable donuts
- 2 black 5G split Tube Top frame protectors
- 2 black alloy cable end caps
- Compatible with Shimano and SRAM road and mountain shifters
- Colors: Stealth Black, Black, White, Red, Ice Gray