Shimano S-Phyre Windresistant Jersey
For cool day rides, when performance and comfort are matter, few clothing items are more effective than wind resistant long sleeve jerseys with mild insulation. Shimano applies their S-Phyre conceptual rigor to the sleek, form-fitting, and aggressively functional S-Phyre Windresistant Jersey. The incredible fabrics, overall material technology, and engineered design combine to maintain body temperature at 37°C (98.6°F) via radiated heat recovery, moisture wicking, and blocking out unwanted elements.
The S-Phyre Windresistant Jersey is a tight fitting long sleeve jersey that has very little bulk, but it seriously flexible and functions more like a jacket. Shimano applies water repellent fabric coatings for added protection and versatility, while hybrid panel construction with “trace” MicroVent fabric technology optimizes temperature regulation during high intensity riding. So the protection and breathability are merged technologies; an integrated system, in Shimano parlance. To achieve optimal functionality, and maintain aerodynamics, the designers use Anatomic 3D patterning and panel construction to delivers airflow efficiency, even in winter conditions. Minimal seaming and extremely clean construction processes ensure the finished jersey hugs the body, with minimal excess fabric, even in the most aggressive cycling positions.
As part of that conforming fit, Shimano uses a super-flexible #5V zipper, which while being lightweight, strong and flexible, is also easy to slide and use due to its larger tooth pattern and long cord pull. The cut itself is the expected short and curved in the front, while offering much more coverage at the back. A wide, flat elastic band grips and holds the jersey in place. A similar concept is applied with the flat cuffs on sleeves, which make for a perfect interface with S-Phyre Winter Gloves. On the lower back sit three flat-finish, deep pockets, plus one integrated security zip pocket on outside of the right side. The same attention to detail is seen in the soft, tall, wicking collar design, with the expected zipper garage and internal flap that keeps the zipper off the skin and facial hair.
With reflective elements for safety purposes and a quilted, brushed thermal fleece inside to trap heat and release moisture, Shimano demonstrates a keen understanding of what makes cyclists comfortable and reassured. The S-Phyre line of clothing employs many fabric and material technologies that, for now, are being held as proprietary secrets, but there is no doubt the protection, insulation, function, and performance have all been carefully calibrated to create incredible cycling garments that are the soft goods equal of Dura-Ace components. The S-Phyre Windresistant Jersey is an impressive piece of cycling gear, period.
- Form-fitting lightly insulated wind and water resistant long sleeve cycling jersey
- Delivers exceptional fit, aerodynamics, and cold weather versatility for off-season training comfort
- Anatomic 3D patterning and panel construction delivers aerodynamic efficiency even in winter conditions
- MicroVents offer active ventilation without added weight or aerodynamic penalties
- Water-repellent membrane and coated fabrics guard against changing weather
- Thermal air space created by brushed fleece quilted interior surface offers comfortable warmth
- Flat-finish cuffs are system engineered to work with S-Phyre gloves
- Super-flexible #5V zipper conforms to changing body positions
- 3 flat-finish back pockets, plus one integrated zipper pocket secures valuables
- Tall, soft, wicking collar with integrated flap and zipper garage
- Rear reflector panel for low light conditions
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, XL
- Color: Black