Ritchey Swiss Cross Disc V2 Frameset
Check out the 2nd generation steel Swiss Cross Disc Frameset from Ritchey. Updated and even more desirable, this nameplate carries forward one of Tom Ritchey's most notable designs, with a results--driven palmares. Possibly the most iconic frame associated with Ritchey, the Swiss Cross draws its name from early factory rider, cyclocross and mountain bike legend Thomas Frischknecht. The first iteration of the Swiss Cross was a no-holds-barred race machine designed for one thing: ripping through dirt like no other. Captained to numerous victories under Frischi, the Swiss Cross went on to become one of the most revered frames of the Ritchey offering.
Twenty-five years later, the heat treated, triple-butted Ritchey Logic II tubeset equipped CrMoSwiss Cross is still a staple of the Ritchey fleet, only now it features modern standards such as 12mm thru-axles, flat-mount disc brakes, and 700x40mm tire clearance. Yet one thing has remained unchanged: it is still a no-holds-barred race-ready dirt ripper. Whether it's leading the charge on bell lap or ticking off the grueling miles of a gravel grinder, the new Swiss Cross is more than capable of tackling it all.
In honor of its 25th anniversary and namesake, Ritchey has created 100 limited edition framesets, crafted in homage the frame Frischi rode to European Cyclocross Championships. Each frame is numbered for added uniqueness and ships with a special miniature cowbell that attaches to the handlebar, because, you know, more cowbell is always a good thing.
- Handmade steel modern disc brake frameset built to Ritchey's exacting standards
- Updated modern sloping top tube Cyclocross geometry
- Heat treated, triple-butted Ritchey Logic II™ CrMo steel tubing throughout
- Forged/machined head tube with integrated cups for drop-in headsets; lighter and stronger than a standard head tube
- Straight carbon steer tube with optimized layup for stiffness under braking forces without excessive harshness
- WCS monocoque carbon gravel thru-axle fork, painted to match
- Full-length housing stops for use with cable or hydraulic brakes
- Flat mount disc caliper standardsused on frame and fork
- Fork: 140/160mm rotor compatible; Rear: 140mm rotor compatibility only
- Forged 12/142mm thru-axle rear dropouts; 12/100mm thru-axle front
- Tire clearance: up to 40c (depending on tire and rim manufacturer)
- Includes: frame / fork / WCS headset / axles
- Requires 28.6mm front derailleur clamp (Caution: MAX torque 2.5Nm), 27.2mm seatpost
- Sizes XS-XXL
- Color: Black, White
- Weight: 2700g / 5.95 lbs (Large w/ frame, axle, hanger)
|Swiss Cross Disc V2 Frameset Geometry|
|Size||Effective TT Length||Head Tube Height||Head Angle||Seat Angle||Standover||Stack||Reach|