Light and Motion Taz 1500
Check out our unbelievable price on one of the BEST all-around lights for your road, mountain, or commuting adventure! Save BIG today!
The Taz 1500 is the complete package. It's able to produce a massive 1500 Lumens in a lightweight and reliable package. A full alloy body is the top standard in durability. The smart charge system allows for long battery life and lightning-quick charge times. A simple and easy to use mount system features a silicone band that grips the bar and will not slip and lose orientation. From light-trail to road riding and commuting, the Taz 1500 is our top choice in a high Lumen, compact light.
The Taz 1500 is a self-contained rechargeable handlebar light that is the perfect solution for an easy to use light with massive light output. It excels for optimal vision in an urban setting, while the true 1500 lumens of light output is more than enough to take to the singletrack. A top mounted fuel gauge changes color so you will know exactly how much juice you have left.
There are 5 settings and two modes. Cruise mode cycles through High, Medium, Low, Pulse and Flash sequentially. When it's time to get your speed on, switch to Race Mode using a two-second push and hold (starting with the light powered off). Race Mode cycles through High and Medium, perfect when you're competing.
The Taz is Micro USB Rechargeable so it is easy to charge it conveniently, with any micro USB charger. Depending on your charging rate, the Taz 1500 will fully charge in 4 -14 hours. An iPad Charger will charge with a rate of 2A (4hrs), an iPhone Charger will charge with a rate of 1A (8hrs), and a computer USB port will charge at a rate of .5A (14hrs).
Run time is 1.5 hours high (1500 Lumens), 3 hours medium (700 Lumens), 6 hours low (300 Lumens), 9 hours on pulse and 18 hours on flashing. Includes light with bar mount and micro USB charging cable. Please read the instructions before using. The Taz 1500 is shipped in a dual button system Travel Lock mode. You need to push and hold the power/mode and secondary/mode (smaller) buttons simultaneously for FOUR seconds to unlock or lock the light functions. Green indicator light will flash when first unlocked. When unlocked, cycle through the different main light modes by pushing the power button. To change the settings of the side lights, scroll through the options by using the secondary mode button.
- 1500 Lumens via 3 directed LED's from 2 cell Li-Ion rechargeable battery
- Great crossover light for road, trail, or commuting
- Engineered to maximize visibility at high velocity
- Two use buttons: Power/Mode, Secondary/Mode
- Light is shipped in Travel Lock mode, prevents accidental use, battery drain
- Press and hold both buttons for 4 seconds to turn Lock mode on or off
- Side lighting maximizes visibility on roadways, use secondary button to toggle the side lights on/off for trail use
- Handlebar mount with soft rubber strap
- Fuel gauge shows via LED indicators in 25% increments
- Cruise mode for normal scrolling use, Race mode toggles from High to Medium
- Run modes and side light options
- High: 1500 Lumens / 1.5 hours
- Medium: 750 Lumens / 3 hours
- Low: 350 Lumens / 6 hours
- Pulse or Flash: for daytime use, 9 hour Pulse, 18 hours Flash
- Side lighting can be turned on or off, in constant or pulsing options
- Charge time: 4 hours at 2A, 8 hours at 1A, 14 hours 500mA,
- IP67 Rating - Tested to be fully waterproof in 1 meter of water for 30 minutes
- Includes: Handlebar mount, micro USB charging cable
- Weight: 216 grams
AnonymousPosted on 3/30/2018
Honestly, I wouldn't survive my daily commute without this light. (Or my evening mountain rides!) The Taz 1500 lights up the road and surrounding areas. I'm easily seen by cars and I can identify any hazard on the road ahead of me. I feel extremely safe and confident with this light attached to my bars. Also, I really appreciate the multiple settings that allow me to increase the useful battery life. Thanks for making such a great product Light and Motion! And for selling the Taz 1500 at a great price, Excel Sports:)
Pros Super Bright! Multiple settings!
AnonymousPosted on 2/26/2018
The Light and Motion Taz 1500 has made my commute to and from work so much safer and enjoyable. I couldn't imagine my early morning or early evening rides without it. With 1500 Lumens at my disposal, I spot everything on the trail or road. Most importantly, I can be seen by others. Probably a little bit overkill on the trail, but better to have too much visibility than not enough. Excel Sports offers the Light and Motion Taz 1500 at an outstanding price!
Pros Visibility. Battery Life. Quality . Price.
Cons A little too big to be worn on your helmet.