Shimano Ultegra BR-R8010-RS Rear Seat Stay Brake Caliper
The Ultegra BR-R8010-RS are rear stay direct mount brake calipers that offer 28mm tire clearance and work with external rim widths from 20.8-28mm. The same angle and pivot adjustable magnesium pad holder and R55C4 standard Shimano brake pads offer a perfect set-up every time. The cable tension adjuster is tactile and easy to use. Shimano changed the function and finish position of the open/close lever. There is no longer a graduated adjustment and the lever aligns over the caliper arm when the brakes are closed for better aerodynamics.
In order to improve overall power and aerodynamics, the aluminum caliper has been reshaped, with augmentation to provide greater stiffness and more consistent braking under heavy power. This may be noticeable more to heavier riders, or those who tend to brake as late as is feasible. It will take a truly sensitive rider to feel improvement in feel, as the 8010 series direct mount brakes were highly impressive in this regard, but most will notice subtleties when paired with Dura-Ace or Ultegra series levers, as the ergonomics and leverage in the STI do feel different, despite the carry over of the cable pull ratio.
- Direct mount style, premium SLR-EV road brake calipers for Shimano 11-speed levers
- Exceptional power, linear feel, with easy install and set-up, tire clearance to 28mm
- Work with external rim widths from 20.8-28mm, and have the standard 51mm reach
- Angular design adds aerodynamics to strengthened aluminum caliper features
- Release lever now just open or closed, closed inline with caliper to reduce drag
- Clearance around tire crown for 28mm tires (tires vary with purpose/manufacturer)
- More control, better feel and power results in use predictability, rider confidence
- Standard 51mm reach
- Weight: 168 grams