Factor VAM Rim Rolling Chassis
We are able to offer the superlight O2 VAM im frameset in a few options, including as a Rolling Chassis, which not only includes the Black Inc Carbon Integrated Bar/Stem system and Black Inc Carbon Seatpost, but also the 1390 gram carbon Black Inc Thirty tubeless ready wheelset and CeramicSpeed bearings.
The success of the Factor O2 VAM disc brake frameset and the O2 series in general, along with sponsorship of the Israel Cycling Academy team in the World Tour made it easy for Factor to release the O2 VAM Rim frameset. While disc road is fast winning over the peloton, rim brakes and rim brake and wheel technology continues to advance as well, and here sold as an O2 VAM Rim Rolling Chassis, the frameset comes with the usual complement of CeramicSpeed equipment, including the Black Inc Thirty carbon rim brake wheelset. With a 54cm frameweight at an actual weight of 650 grams (with derailleur hanger and h2o cage bolts mounted!), this is an all-rounder that rides like a dream, floats up mountains, and dares you to descend faster, with greater confidence.
For Factor, the frameset begins with superior research and development, then adds incredible knowledge and engineering throughout manufacture with premium grade carbon fiber construction. Enter the sub 650 gram O2 VAM (Velocita Ascensionale Media- average ascent velocity), rim brake frameset. Unlike many superlight road framesets, the VAM was not only built to climb, but to dominate descents and ride like a dream. The cockpit set-up is pro-style low friendly with a new headtube and headset top cap/spacer system. Overall the geometry is incredibly close the O2, with the same Stack and Reach. Current O2 riders who desire the lightest version will find it all very familiar, aside from the approximately 10% reduction in frame weight. So what is different? The O2 VAM is manufactured with a completely new method of carbon compaction. Pressurization greater than normal allows the engineers to wring excessive resin from the various base carbon materials, therefore making the carbon stronger, lighter and more efficient.
As with all Factor frames, the O2 VAM rim (direct mount caliper-type) was optimized with a strategic layup of mixed modulus carbon that helps further define and augment VAM'S decisive handling and riding characteristics. The materials list is impressive as well with Factor adding TeXtreme®, Nippon Graphite pitch fiber, and boron fiber to their secret sauce. The combination of fiber and materials used in with the new compaction process combine to deliver the lateral and torsional stiffness required to keep the frame efficient and a perfect platform for power transfer, while resulting in a solid and sure feel when descending or sprinting. Boron fiber is not new to cycling, as several frame manufacturers have used in superlight frames, but Factor has used it primarily to reduce weight while maintaining proper lateral stiffness in the seattube, with no compromise in ride quality.
The 54cm rim brake model bare frame weighs in at 640 grams, bare. Let that absorb for a second. The super light platform is a perfect choice for building a complete bike that destroys the UCI minimum weight limit, yet can still be ridden in all conditions and situations. Even the tapered rim brake fork received the VAM treatment, looking wasted next to the standard O2 rim model. The fork was engineered around the caliper brake direct mount system, which allows the fork to be stiffer, stronger, lighter and more aero with better braking power, while offering room for 700x30mm tires. The essentially nude carbon, with the slight touches of a sharp red, looks raw, clean and light. This VAM frameset comes as the Rolling Chassis version, so the Black Inc Carbon seatpost, and Integrated Carbon stem/bar are part of the package, along with the Ceramic Speed headset and bottom bracket and a pretty awesome set of wheels. The clean and simple internal routing system is compatible and friendly with both mechanical and electronic shifting systems.
With the Rolling Chassis you receive the impressively fast and light Black Inc Thirty rim brake Wheelset with it's 21mm internal, 30mm external tubeless compatible disc rim design, CeramicSpeed bearings, and road standard 100/130mm quick release axle spacing. You'll need a braze-on front derailleur, and your choice of group components, but you won't need a bottom bracket or headset, as Factor includes CeramicSpeed versions, as well as an out front style 1/4 turn mount for the integrated Black Inc handlebar/stem. Even bar tape is supplied, as well as two different height headset tops, spacers, frame fittings, an extra derailleur hanger, and two rail size options (7x7mm round, 7x9mm oval) for the 27.2mm Black Inc Carbon Seatpost. For the wheels, which feature a new rim brake track, you get specific brake pads, as well as tubeless tape, valves, and lightweight but highly effective quick releases.
- Superlight rim brake road race frameset optimized for climbing, great all-around
- Full carbon frame-fork, Black Inc Rolling Chassis , Ceramic Speed Headset & BB
- Road race geometry for true pro position, with balanced feel and performance
- Newly engineered O2 VAM design with material and manufacturing improvements
- Increased pressure during mold compaction process eliminates excess resin
- Advanced materials: TeXtreme®, Nippon Graphite pitch fiber, and Boron fiber
- Result is exceptional lightweight, no sacrifice in torsional stiffness, compliance
- Average of 10% reduction in weight of comparable size O2 bare frame
- Includes: Black Inc Integrated Carbon bar-stem, 27.2mm round Carbon seatpost
- Features Ceramic Speed ceramic bearing headset and bottom bracket (Shim/SRAM)
- Black Inc Thirty Rim carbon wheelset, TL ready; hubset w/ CeramicSpeed bearings
- New toptube-headset topcap-spacer design specific to VAM (two heights included)
- Rim brake frameset has 2-bolt style, cleanly integrated Direct Mount system, which increases stiffness, improves aerodynamics, preserves/delivers full brake caliper power
- Frame and fork offer spacing for 30mm tire use
- New VAM internal routing path for electronic or mechanical drivetrain systems, management port, cable stops for mechanical shifting, brakes
- Includes: 7x7 & 7x9 clamps for BI seatpost, extra derailleur hanger, bar tape, spacers
- CeramicSpeed BBright PF4630 bottom bracket with inserts for Shimano 24mm
- Requires braze-on front derailleur type
- Wheelset includes tubeless tape, valves, brake pads, and quick release levers
- Integrated bar-stem size for the 54cm is generally 40cm/110mm and the (49-54cm generally ship with Zero offset seatpost- BUT, please contact us if you want to confirm or request otjher options, we do our best to individually stock Zero and 25mm offset seatpost options and other bar/stem combinations
- Sizes: 49, 52, 54, 56, 58
- VAM finish: Nude carbon with red highlights
- Weight: 640 grams (54cm frame)