Bike Fit Wedge Shims
Formerly sold as LeMond LeWedges.
If you use a clipless pedal system you may be exposing your body to potential knee injuries. Approximately 96% of the population has what is known as a forefoot tilt. This is where the front of your foot is not flat but rather has an angle or tilt. Clipless pedal systems do not accommodate this tilt, instead forcing the foot into an unnatural flat position. The body compensates for this with a lateral (side to side) motion of the knee during the pedal cycle. This has the result of reducing power and creating muscle imbalances that can lead to premature fatigue and serious knee injury.
- Helps to align knee for more efficient pedaling
- Fix leg-length discrepancies
- Each package includes 8-9 shims
- Decrease lateral knee movement
- Improve ergonomic fit to your bike
- Shims are about 1.5mm thick on one side
- Shims can raise cleat height about 7mm if all shims are used
Choose the correct shims for your pedal system
- Select SPD for older SPD Road and SPD mountain
- Select Speedplay for Speedplay Road
- Select LOOK for SPD-SL Road, LOOK, Time and Campagnolo