Louis Garneau Zip Leg Warmers 2
While some riders will opt for knickers in cooler temperatures, others prefer to use a short or bib short with a full leg warmer. The advantages of a full leg warmer are: full coverage and flexibility. This choice should be dictated by rider comfort and the expected weather/ temperature changes during the ride is Louis Garneau's Zip Leg Warmers 2 are compressive, insulated, and water resistant with features such as flatlock seams and silicone grippers that you generally only find in more expensive options.
Garneau uses a polyester material with a brushed inner and less porous outer which offers insulation, wicking, and excellent stretch. This Heatmaxx fabric is then treated with a DWR finish, which delivers water resistance and some wind blocking assistance. The warmer is designed to slip under the hem of the short, while the externally facing silicone gripper holds it in place. The 9" leg zipper also makes for easy on-off over your shoes. You also get reflective elements, low density for easy pocket storage, and UPF 50 protection from the harmful rays of the sun.
- Lightly insulated leg warmer with water resistance, perfect for transitional temps
- Heatmaxx DWR fabric is 100% polyester fleece
- Soft, brushed inner surface, coated outer layer
- Breathable, regulates temperature, with excellent stretch and retention
- Silicone gripper on exterior at thigh for under short leg hem hold
- Flatlock seams eliminate irritation and reduce chafing
- Reflective elements and piping on zipper
- 9" zipper at bottom of leg makes putting on, taking off easy
- Easily stowed in jersey pocket
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, XL
- Color: Black