Pearl Izumi Elite Softshell Shoe Cover
Road bike training in the cold and wet may not be fun, but for the dedicated, it is both important psychologically important and truly beneficial for base conditioning. Effective shoe covers are paramount for winter cycling. The Elite Softshell from Pearl Izumi will warm the heart, and the feet, of many road cyclists this winter. Cut for the sleek fit and smooth bottom of road shoes and road pedal systems, this cover will expand your cycling season on the equipment you prefer to ride.
Elite Softshell material defines the upper on this design. This upper is mated to a Kevlar bottom, and is joined at the back by a two-stage advanced hook and loop (Velcro) closure. The design itself is built to with close fit to keep the elements out, and not become a source of too much drag. The panel design and inherent stretch to the Elite Softshell material makes this possible.The three layer softshell system is comprised of a knit outer, which protects the key middle layer technology that blocks the elements and breathes to release moisture. The inner layer is the insulator. These materials are combined to complement each other, and all stretch in unison to provide optimal wind, water, and weather protection. Pearl has panelized this upper to reflect the different angles and stresses of necessary stretch, ensuring a secure fit for keeping the water and cold air out.
This amazing upper is matched with an equally impressive Kevlar bottom, which is open in the cleat and heel areas of the shoe, with durable edge finish to combat the wear and tear of any required walking. The shoe enters the cover from the rear where the two stage hook and loop system opens/closes at top and near the bottom for great fit with easy entry/escape. This closure system is easy to use with gloved, freezing hands, and is very secure, with overlap to keep the elements out. Most cyclists prefer to use a shoe they are most comfortable with, and don’t have a winter specific shoe. The Elite Softshell Shoe Cover means you can pair your road shoes with a warm, low bulk wool cycling sock for best fit and overall comfort over a wide temperature range.
- Great winter road specific shoe cover for temps from 30-45°F
- 3 Layer ELITE Softshell fabric provides optimal wind protection and water-resistance
- Two stage hook and loop closure at rear
- Kevlar® Road bike bottom with open heel and cleat areas
- Designed and recommended for mountain bike shoes
- Bio-Viz reflective elements for low–light visibility
- Materials: Upper 41% polyester 41% nylon 13% elastane, 5% polyurethane; Bottom 59% nylon 25% Kevlar® aramid 16% polyurethane
- US Equivalent Men’s Sizing- Small (< 6), Medium (6.5-8), Large (8.5-10) XL (10.5-12) XXL (13+)
- Color: Black