Pearl Izumi Pro Short
Pearl Izumi has truly stepped up their game with the current PRO Short. Moderate, well executed compression informed by muscular function and need defines the current starting point of every top-end short. From the external obliques and the lower abdominals, around to the fine muscles of the lower back, down the quads, wrapping the hamstrings, and glutes, a great short or bib lower must help stabilize, support and encourage blood flow, with each section having it's own directional and physical requirements. The Pearl Izumi PRO Short is one you will choose for your most important and demanding rides. Seven carefully engineered panels are used to minimize seaming for a perfect contour to your body and to deliver the proper interaction with your muscle zones.
Anatomic design and fabric construction are challenging enough, but for the right combination of performance and comfort, the fabric itself must be exceptional. Crafted with long ride comfort at the top of the list, Pearl Izumi has paired their most supportive and breathable PRO Escape 1:1® Chamois with a luxurious Italian PRO Transfer fabric, to create the balance of compression and supple feeling that ensures both performance and the comfort you desire. This achieved with the perfectly blended and placed combination of nylon, polyester and Lycra elastane textiles. As a Transfer fabric, it also eases moisture away from the skin, passing it through the fabric to manage heat and perspiration through the hottest weather.
From top to bottom the PRO Short hits all the check marks such as the he raw edge hems that create a smooth transition from short to skin for a sleek, high performance look and feel, and a printed silicone gripper to hold the hems securely in place during the hardest efforts. Speaking of the bottom, the PRO Escape 1:1® Chamois has variable density, 1:1 anatomically informed breathable padding, and an antimicrobial floating top sheet. The sheet allows the pad to stay in proper relation to the saddle but reduces friction as you move through the pedal stroke and react to road or terrain conditions. This is Pearl's premium endurance race chamois and reflects the company's long commitment to their own chamois development.
You can add BioViz® reflective elements for low-light visibility and the 10.5" inseam to the full list of impressive details. This PRO Short resets the standard for Pearl and is more than competitive technology and construction with models costing $50 more. What else? How about and alternative Navy color, with no white in sight.
- Premium short with well designed compression, fit, and technology
- Luxurious Italian PRO Transfer fabric for balanced compression, ultimate comfort
- Flat minimalist waist band is deceivingly effective and stays in place
- Seven panel design minimizes seams and maximizes body contouring fit
- Laser cut, raw edge hem leg openings with silicone leg grippers for a seamless transition to skin and essential hold during maximum exertion
- PRO Escape 1:1® Chamois, floating top sheet design delivers unmatched comfort
- Material: 46% nylon, 38% polyester, 16% LYCRA® elastane;
- BioViz® reflective elements for low-light visibility
- Suggested temperature range: 55-100°F
- Inseam: 10.5"
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, XL, XXL
- Colors: Black, Navy
- Weight: 159 grams (Large)