Specialized Phenom Expert Saddle
The Phenom saddle line by Specialized was developed for all-terrain use, and the Expert-level is the best overall value in this design. It has been popular as a versatile mountain bike option, as well as a top choice for cyclocross training over the years. It is softer than many racing models but still an option on the pavement, and has become a go-to saddle for gravel and adventure riders. A carbon-reinforced shell with flexible Adaptive Edge technology adapts to your body for a custom fit and all-day comfort while being resilient over time and still offering excellent pedaling dynamics. A full length recessed channel spans a center cut out, shaped and designed with Body Geometry science, lab-tested to ensure blood flow to sensitive arteries.
The padding is a medium density, lightweight and supportive PU foam for increased comfort on longer rides. Durable, yet forgiving hollow round titanium rails help take off the edge from wheel impacts and with mitigation of vibration that comes up through the frame to the seatpost. The designers created a tail that features rounded edges and corners, for easy and no-snag movement when the rider gets behind the saddle for technical descents. The Phenom Expert Saddle is available in two widths- based on ideal sit bone placement and subsequent lift, at 143mm and 155mm, with modest weights. With the boom in the gravel discipline, the Phenom design, which has been popular for some time, to be even more widely embraced given it's combination of performance and comfort, and the Expert is perfect for riders who log hours and miles, and may or may not ever sign up for a race or an event.
- Durable and performance minded saddle equipped for all-terrain use and long hours on the bike
- Patented Body Geometry design is lab-tested to ensure blood flow to sensitive arteries via proper width and relief channel placement
- Carbon-reinforced shell w/ flexible Adaptive Edge technology adapts to your body for a custom fit, all-day comfort
- Lightweight and supportive PU foam for increased comfort on longer rides
- Level 2 padding: Medium density foam for bike feel with additional cushioning
- Lightweight, resilient and forgiving hollow 7x7mm round titanium rails
- Low friction panels on the nose and tail improve pedaling efficiency and mobility while moving on and off the saddle
- SWAT™-compatible mounts molded into the saddle base allow for sleek and integrated storage solutions
- Width options: 143mm, 155mm
- Color: Black
- Weight: 258 grams (actual, 143mm width), 264 grams (actual 155mm)