Mavic Allroad Disc CL Front Wheel
With road disc brake use becoming more commonplace, and the Allroad/gravel category hitting a huge segment of the cycling public it is good to see quality disc-ready, wider rim wheels at the advanced entry-level category. Mavic brings value and solid everyday performance with the Allroad Disc CL Front Wheel. Equipped here with the Center Lock disc interface, the Aksium Allroad Disc is versatile, with capability to run UST tubeless tires from 28-62mm. This smooth riding front wheel provides you with several of Mavic's wheel technologies that combine to make the Allroad Disc a great stock upgrade, training wheel, or crash replacement. We have found wheels at this level from Mavic to be very reliable, providing performance well in excess of the cost-effective pricing.
Mavic builds this front wheel with an extruded S6000 aluminum clincher rim that is light and structurally strong. The spokes holes are built up and strengthened to allow the rim to carry a higher spoke tension without fear of the spoke hole being over-stressed. The rim joint is overlapped and pinned. By the numbers you have a 23mm internal rim width, with a 22mm rim profile. That makes the disc brake specific UST rim resilient to abusive roads and high miles. The front hub features Mavic's quality steel sealed cartridge QRM bearings, known for their for long life, tremendous double seals and low friction smoothness. The aluminum hub body carries a lightweight aluminum axle which provides the lateral stiffness you need for reliable and sure handling and control at the front wheel, along with end cap flexibility for various optional dropout systems.
The Allroad Disc CL Front Wheel is laced together in a 2x pattern with 24 straight pull round steel spokes and nipples come together with the ABS system which prevents the spokes from accidental tension loss. The 23mm rim height offers some vertical compliance at the rim, and the 23mm internal rim width safely gives you that great tire size range for UST tubless use. This front wheel is a Center Lock, disc brake only design, for 12/100 thru-axle fork dropouts. The hub is adaptable to other dropout set-ups, including 15/100 TA (with a full axle replacement) and 9/100 quick release (endcaps included). Mavic's excellent tubeless rim band tape, tubeless valve, and valve core removal tool are included along with a user manual. Match this value and performance balanced front wheel with it's rear partner for a great upgrade or ideal training wheelset.
- Great everyday Allroad disc brake front wheel for 12/100mm thru-axle dropouts
- S6000 clincher disc specific UST ready rim is extruded for strength and durability
- Rim spec: Height 22mm, Internal Width 23mm, disc brake only, Presta valve, UST
- 24 straight-pull round steel spokes, laced 2x, with ABS steel nipples
- Aluminum hub with oversized aluminum axle, QRM sealed bearings
- Hub spec: 12/100mm thru-axle w/ endcaps for 9/100 QR , optional 15/100 TA kit sold separately
- Disc interface: Center Lock (can be adapted to 6-bolt, sold separately)
- Accepts 700c tires from 28-62mm
- Max. Pressure: 30mm 85 psi, 40mm 65 psi
- Max load weight: 265 lbs
- Includes rim tape, user manual
- Weight: 870 grams