Fizik Antares R1 Saddle
The Fizik Antares R1 Saddle is a favorite of cyclists who prefer a flatter saddle with a narrow, minimal nose and a median rear platform. If you choose the Regular 142mm width, this is not a minimalist saddle for those with very narrow sitbones, but those who require a little more width at the tail, and firmer support. The 152mm Large width give the same effect, but for those with wider sitbones. With an aggressive taper to the narrow throat and nose, the Antares allows for a clean, straight line to the pedals for minimal friction from the saddle itself. It is truly a unique model within the Fizik line-up, and often fits those who find the Arione too narrow and soft, preferring a firmer platform with dense, thin padding.
The shell is Fizik's strong and supportive Composite Carbon co-injected Nylon with WingFlex construction. The slightly curved-edge profiles ease into the WingFlex side panels that offer some flex under the thighs for comfort without sacrificing bone structure support. The braided carbon rails soak up a little more vibration and contribute to the stiffness of the saddle structure and saves about 40 grams over the Kium rail version. The cover is Fizik's Microtex, which has proven comfortable and durable in all conditions. At just 160 grams (140mm width, and ICS accessory compatible, the Antares R3 Kium is a durable, every day saddle with a race pedigree.
- Firm, flat saddle with median 140mm or large 152mm tail width, narrow nose-throat
- Shell is Composite Carbon co-injected Nylon with WingFlex construction
- WingFlex system for free thigh movement and increased pedaling power
- Microtex synthetic cover is durable, water proof, and easy to clean
- Braided carbon 7mm x 9mm oval rails
- Fizik Spine Concept: Made for Chameleon
- ICS accessory compatible
- Colors: Black
- Length: 274mm
- Size options: Regular 140mm wide, Large 152mm wide
- Weight: 160 grams (140mm), 165 grams (152mm)