Cervelo C2 105 7020 Disc Bicycle SAMPLE
These SAMPLE Cervelo bikes were assembled for photographs and display, before being packed and shipped to Excel Sports. We reassembled, inspected and tested each bike for full functionality. If you have any questions, please contact us: 800.627.6664 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comfort and confidence, performance and forgiveness, relaxed geometry and capable handling. All seemingly somewhat contradictory in the cycling world, but all of those terms represent the balanced attributes of the Cervelo C-series bikes. This blend makes the C-series ideal for sport and enthusiast riders who desire the comfort to ride long hours, on various surfaces, while still having fun with the performance aspects and being willing to push the capabilities of the bike and themselves. To bring this experience to a greater group of cyclists, Cervelo delivers the 2019 C2 05 R7020 Disc Bicycle. With the tubeset and geometry of the 2019 C3, the C2 simply has a slight weight penalty with a step down in the grade of carbon fiber used. Matching this responsive endurance disc brake frameset is the combination of Shimano's R7000/7020 component specification, disc brake wheels, and a quality Easton cockpit set-up. The 2019 Cervelo C2 105 R7020 Disc Bicycle lists under $3000, ensuring value and performance is readily attainable by more people.
If you're looking for a bike that handles both the daily commute and epic rides on the weekend, the C2 is a great choice. It combines Cervélo's high performance pedigree with more relaxed Endurance Fit geometry, wider tires (32mm), and a vibration-damping frame for an affordable and versatile bike. The key to forgiving ride quality of the R2 lies in Cervelo's deep experience with the R3. The C2 takes the thin seatstays further, with an arcing shape that is specific to each side of the bike to best manage the differing load requirements of the drivetrain versus the disc brake. The stays are designed to give a little, and the arc also forces vibration to travel further before meeting at the seattube, reducing the effect considerably. The use of a 27.2mm round seatpost allows you options to damp more of the effects.
Of course the main triangle must manage more of the torsional loads from the headtube on back, and the tapered C2 Carbon Disc Fork and headtube improve the overall stiffness, especially given the geometry creates more headtube length. The BBright asymmetric bottom bracket system and corresponding chainstays are the foundation of lateral stiffness and power transfer, while in between the C2 tube shapes and carbon lay-up defy torsion, ensuring you will have excellent power transfer in and out of the saddle, as well as sure, stable handling and control on rougher surfaces or when cornering. With the disc frameset you also gain the advantages of thru-axle use, with a 12/100mm front threaded thru-axle dropout and the same style in the rear at 12/142mm. The added dropout and hub stiffness is notable, while also creating a more consistent plane for the disc rotors to meet the hydraulic calipers. Cervelo applies the Flat Mount caliper standard to great effect for the fork and rear triangle, with the sleek, low profile calipers out of the way, while affording stiffer, lighter weight interfaces.
The build kit is well specified for the frameset and offers solid performance and great value. Shimano's R7000/7020 105 11-speed components deliver consistent, precise shifting and braking with much improved ergonomics and function than the previous generations. The mineral oil based hydraulic disc brake system is stable and fairly straightforward to service, with excellent stopping power and control. The only variations off the R7000 series components are the Cervelo BBright Connect bottom bracket for 24mm Shimano cranks, and the RS510 105-level crankset. Otherwise the Dual Control mechanical shift/hydraulic disc brake levers are R7020, mated to R7000 front and rear derailleurs, and R7070 disc calipers which grab SM-RT70 160mm disc rotors. An 11-30 R7000 cassette gives good range with the 50-34T crankset, driving a 105 11-speed chain.
Shimano also provides their WH-RS170 Center Lock Disc wheelset, equipped with 700x28mm Continental Ultra Sport II clincher tires. Cervelo opted for Easton's lightweight alloy 31.8mm EA50x handlebar, EA50 stem, and 27.2mm EA50 seatpost. For the saddle Cervelo supplies their own Comfort Race model and comfort foam bar tape. As a complete package the C2 105 R7020 Disc Bicycle is a great assemblage for the price, which offers you the opportunity to make gradual upgrades if desired. If you love to ride, have a spirit of adventure and enjoyment, this C2 is a fantastic bike you can experience and evolve with.
- New SAMPLE bicycle, under full warranty except for light finish issues, built for display and photography use; rebuilt and tested by Excel Sports bike techs
- Capable, forgiving, endurance-performance carbon disc bicycle, relaxed geometry
- C2 Carbon Disc frameset and C2 All Carbon Disc tapered fork
- Flat Mount disc caliper mount system is low profile, allows for lightweight
- Threaded thru-axles: 12/100mm front, 12/142mm rear
- Frameset design for advanced vertical compliance, sacrificing lateral stiffness
- Endurance Fit geometry, clearance for 700x32 tires front/rear (mfg dependent)
- BBright asymmetric BB shell with matching chainstays; arced, thin seatstays
- Responsive, stable handling with great pedal response and compliance
- Shimano R7000/7020 series 11-speed drivetrain and hydraulic disc brake system
- Shimano RS510 50-34T crankset, Cervelo Connect BBright bottom bracket
- R7020 Dual Control levers, R7000 derailleurs, R7000 11-30 cassette, CN601 chain, R7070 hydraulic disc calipers, RT70 160mm Center Lock disc rotors
- Shimano RS170 CL Disc TA wheels, 700x28 Continental Ultra Sport II tires/tubes
- Easton alloy EA50x compact 31.8mm handlebar, EA50 stem, EA50 27.2mm seatpost
- Cervelo Comfort Race saddle, comfort handlebar tape
- Note: Fork will come cut for maximum allowable steerer stack height
- Sample sizes: 54, 56, 58 cm
- Colors: Black/Riviera, Navy/Orange