Cervelo C5 Ultegra Di2 R8070 Disc Bicycle
Cervelo C-Series bikes were designed for compliance, performance, and all day capability for all levels of cyclists. We are excited about offering this C5 11-speed Ultegra R8070 Di2 Disc Bicycle because it balances the excellence of the higher grade carbon used in the C5 frameset, with the excellence of Shimano's Di2 electronic shifting system and the overall reliability and value fo the Ultegra-level groupset. Rolling on the UST tubeless ready Mavic Allroad Elite Disc CL Wheelset, this complete bike is ideally suited for gran fondo's, long hours in the mountains, and day after day of rolling terrain.
Why choose the Cervelo C5 over the C3? Premium carbon, light weight, and better torsional and lateral stiffness. With the same geometry, these are the only differences, but for those seeking just a little more performance and response, the C5 is the right choice. As with many carbon bikes that seem the same, but have a jump in price, you pay for higher grade carbon to get a premium experience you can truly feel. The frame and fork are engineered with this carbon, dropping the overall frameset by about 6% with real increases in power transfer and overall frameset torsional resistance that translates to greater stability and control while being more efficient. All that, yet no drop in vertical compliance, which is a crucial consideration with this very capable endurance frameset. So what is the endurance category all about?
In the current iteration, the Cervelo C5 frame design is nearly perfectly executed for cyclists who are considering an endurance bike but want lighter weight, top grade lateral stiffness and overall responsiveness. Capable of handling tires up to 700x32, with fender use, the C5 utilizes flat mount disc brakes and 12mm threaded thru-axles to offer stable, sturdy all-weather platform with many of the performance capabilities of the incredibly popular road Cervelo R-Series, with even more vertical compliance for long days and rough roads.
Unlike how Cervelo handles the R-series bikes, the geometry of the C5 matches that of the C3 and is somewhat typical of the endurance category. You'll find a taller headtube, for a higher cockpit position and less stress on the body. The stack height increase necessitates a slacker headttube angle and a fork length and rake that allows the bike to retain front end stability and balance. Other advantages are greater tire clearance and a more frame slope, so standover height is increased. That set-up allowed Cervelo's engineers to lower the bottom bracket, which improves handling and stability, as does lengthening the rear center to 420mm. The one-piece rear triangle gets curved thin seatstays which attenuate more vibration and give a little bit under impact, ensuring more overall comfort. With the asymmetric 79mm wide BBright bottom bracket shell and beefy chainstays, lateral stiffness and power transfer is excellent. Cervelo is using their square-oval tubeset, or Squoval, which increases overall tube strength, mildly improves aerodynamics over round or many flatter tube shapes. The headtube and bottom bracket junctions are stronger, defeating lateral torsion. This process is aided by the overall integrated frame design, plus the new 1⅛ x 1 ½" tapered steerer Cervelo carbon flat mount disc fork and the use of the 12mm thru-axles front and rear, which deliver a tangible effect riders coming off the quick release dropout/axle type will notice.
Of course disc brakes have truly opened up the possibilities for larger tires and other accessory use. With better performance overall and excellent reliability when wet or muddy, disc brakes also move the braking load to the axle, and closer to the ground. So you don't have rim wear and when you have to brake more firmly it is more predictable in response. Along with inherent frame comfort, geometry, and additional tire volume-comes a real increase in rider confidence, especially at the end of a long day on the bike when normal fatigue levels can catch up to you. Think of a how a sport sedan drives versus a race car. Still very capable, but less twitchy, more comfortable, and more pleasurable over a long day.
The groupset is all Ultegra 11-speed R8000 series, except for the bottom bracket. The Dual Control levers, Front and Rear Derailleurs are all Di2 with e-Tube wiring and handlebar-end junction port. The Flat Mount calipers are Ultegra R8070, and set-up for 160mm rotors. Cervelo supplies the RT800 Center Lock model. The 11-30 cassette, chain and R8000 50-34 crankset round out the Ultegra components, with a BBB Bottomfit BBO-72, PF24 Threaded bottom bracket installed. The Mavic Allroad Elite DIsc CL wheels and Yksion Elite Guard 700 x 28c tires are a great match, as are the Cervelo and FIzik cockpit components.
- Premium grade carbon endurance road Di2, bike w/ hydraulic disc brakes
- Balanced geometry, more relaxed position, 700x32mm tire clearance
- Full carbon frame and C5 Disc fork, optimized for ride quality, performance
- FutureProof cable system for mechanical and electronic drivetrains
- Squoval tubeset strengthens junctions and cross sections, with aero properties
- One-piece rear triangle increases torsional stiffness, curved, thin seatstays offer vertical compliance
- 79mm asymmetric BBright design counteracts drivetrain forces
- Integrated internal cable/housing routing/stop system
- Includes: FSA IS2 1-1/8 x 1-1/2" headset, threaded lever thru-axles
- Cervelo R5 Carbon Disc Fork, Flat Mount disc, 12/100mm threaded thru-axle
- Rear carbon dropouts w/ aluminum sleeves, integrated hanger, for 12/142mm TA, Flat Mount disc
- Frame and fork compatible with 140 or 160mm disc rotors
- Geometry is longer, lower at BB- very stable, with 32mm tire & fender clearance
- Taller head tube and fork crown add to to tube slope, higher cockpit starting point
- Shimano Ultegra R8070/8050/8000 groupset:
- R8070 Dual Control Di2 shift/hydraulic disc brake lever set
- R8050 Di2 Front and Rear Derailleurs
- R8070 Flat Mount Disc Brake Calipers, w/ Ultegra SM-RT800, 160mm rotors
- R8000 50-34 Crankset, 11-30 cassette, HG701 11-spd chain
- BBB Bottomfit BBO-72, PF24 Threaded BBright for Shimano 24mm
- Cervelo cockpit: AB06 Handlebar, Ultra Light Alloy Stem, 27.2mm Carbon SP19 post
- Saddle: Fizik Antares VS
- Mavic Allroad Elite Center Lock Disc, UST equipped, 12/100, 12/142 TA wheelset
- Mavic Yksion Elite Guard 700 x 28c tires
- Sizes: 48, 51, 56, 58 cm (54cm may be available, please ask)
- Color: Black/Flouro