Louis Garneau CB Carbon 2 Shorts
Louis Garneau shorts bibs have a great reputation for quality construction, high tech materials, and cycling cut. Started and owned by a former Canadian Olympic-level cyclist, the company bears his name and commitment to excellent cycling clothing. The CB Carbon 2 Short is a perfect example. Cut in a race-oriented style, the short is panelized to match anatomic requirements, with fabrics that best suit the function of each panel. With excellent stretch and moderate compression, this piece feels the part of a racing bib. With excellent moisture and heat management, the CB Carbon 2 keeps you cool and comfortable in the warmest months.
The fabric technology alone is a testament to the commitment to performance. CB (coldblack®) Carbon fabric employs Lyrca for stretch and carbon fibers as an antibacterial material that also will not absorb water, so are perfect for zones where fast moisture management is required. The material has a coating that actually reflects the sun's rays, keeping the surface temperature cooler. That fabric is combined with Endurexx, a highly stretchable material that offers excellent compression, while wicking effectively. Carbon-X Mesh is an opaque mesh that is again a breathable and compressive material that can be used where maximum ventilation is ideal, but seeing through is not. The combination is laid out and panelized to create the short section. Muscle support is optimal; while precious few bibshorts we have tried offer so much air flow to the skin while still feeling like a substantial garment. Panels are joined with flatlock seams, and key zones like the inner leg are laid out to eliminate seams entirely. The end of the leg features Garneau's Aero Lazer band. The laser cut material offers a smooth transition to improve aerodynamics and muscle support.
Garneau's patented shape 4Motion chamois is a multi-layer construction that is so well designed that it feels like a single piece. It combines 3D pre-shaped wings and deep split at the back, bridged by vented mesh to provide a multi-directional independent motion. The high-tech bacteriostatic top sheet is made with a fiber blend that includes carbon. The perforated bottom piece is designed to pull moisture out from the pad to release it through the short- keeping the actual pad as cool and dry as possible. Variable thickness high-density foam is used for less bulk, but great support and comfort. A relieved central channel alleviates central pressure and allows for air gaps that help eliminate moisture. The total ergonomic shape was developed for all day, every day use, despite it's race-oriented design. The 4Motion has been hailed as one of the best chamois pads on the market and is perfect fort the CB Carbon 2 Short.
The attention to detail and overall construction of this garment is pure Louis Garneau. Perfect finish, with incredible function, and all the technology and features not only make sense, they actually work. If you need everyday shorts that will be durable over time, yet perform like a racing product, you have to consider the CB Carbon 2 Short.
- Excellent, feature and tech laden short for serious everyday cycling
- Ergonomic cut and panel design supports and enhances muscle activity
- CB(coldblack®) Carbon + LYCRA® fiber; antibacterial, excellent moisture release
- coldblack® reflects UV rays to reduce heat build-up on dark textiles
- Endurexx fabric is super stretchy, with moderate compression and support
- Carbon-X Mesh is opaque, breathable, compressive
- Elastic waist with drawstring is comfortable, easily adjustable
- Aero Lazer band at thigh is Laser-cut to improve aerodynamics and muscle support
- Seamless inner leg reduces friction and excess bulk that causes saddle interaction, Ischial pressure-relief zone at the rear of the leg
- Innovative 4Motion patented design chamois keeps you cool, dry, and protected
- Stretch ultra light, soft trim and flatlock seams reduces chance of irritation, friction
- Back and bottom reflective accents
- Inseam: 9.25"
- Sizes: Medium, Large, XL
- Color: Black