Shimano CN-HG601 11 Speed Chain
The HG601 11 speed chain from Shimano is a dual purpose road / mountain chain at the 5800 105 and M7000 SLX level. As such, this 105-level design meets the needs of 11 speed mountain groups that require the HG-X11 special asymmetrical design. This streamlines the Shimano chain offerings and makes it simpler for regular road and mountain riders to have spare equipment on hand.
Shimano applies it's SIL-TEC plating treatment of carbon and flourine molecules to the HG601. The chemical process is applied to the Roller Link Plate, which greatly reduces friction and prolongs drivetrain life. Shimano claims a 60% improvement in friction over its equivalent nickel-only plated chains, and 20% greater wear. SIL-TEC also repels water and dirt, allowing your drivetrain to run cleaner and drier through any road or trail conditions. Even if variables reduce those claims by half in real life usage, those are still significant gains. For those who want to understand the differences, the HG901 Dura-Ace chain features a hollow pin design, and SIL-TEC is also applied to the rollers. The HG701 Ultegra-level chain features the treatment on both the Pin Link Plate and the Roller Link Plate. There is not weight difference between the HG601 and HG701, but the HG701 does test to improved wear and reduced friction due to the added treatment.
Proper installation is crucial, as the HG601 has a directional design, and employs hollow pins to reduce weight. At 262 grams, this versatile 11 speed chain is competitive with other high-end chains, and with the SIL-TEC treatment, a great value due to lower maintenance, longer life, and reduced wear of other drivetrain components.
- Shimano 105/SLX chain compatible with road and mountain Dyna-Sys 11-speed groups
- Directional design, with HG-X11 asymmetrical plates and hollow pins
- SIL-TEC plate surface treatment increases durability, reduces wear, runs clean
- Roller Link Plate features SIL-TEC treatment
- Sheds water, dirt, and mud better than previous Shimano chains
- Precision shifts in all conditions, drivetrain combinations
- Compatible with Shimano SM-CN900 11 Speed Quick Link (sold separately)
- Includes: 11-speed Link Pin for installation
- Links: 116
- Weight: 262g