Shimano CN-HG701 11 Speed Chain
The HG701 11-speed chain from Shimano brings back the dual purpose road / mountain chain at the Ultegra and XT level. This new Ultegra-level design meets the needs of 11-speed mountain groups that require the HG-X11 special asymmetrical design. This streamlines the Shimano chain offerings and makes it simpler for regular road and mountain riders to have spare equipment on hand.
Shimano applies it's SIL-TEC plating treatment of carbon and flourine molecules to the HG701. The chemical process bonds to the Pin Link Plate and the Roller Link Plate, which greatly reduces friction and prolongs drivetrain life. Shimano claims a 60%improvement in friction over its nickel plated chains, and 20% greater wear. SIL-TEC also repels water and dirt, allowing your drivetrain to run cleaner and drier through any road or trail conditions. Even if variables reduce those claims by half in real life usage, those are still significant gains. For those who want to understand the differences, the HG901 Dura-Ace chain moves to a hollow pin design, and SIL-TEC is also applied to the rollers. The HG601 105 level chain features the treatment on the Roller Link Plate.
Proper installation is crucial, as the HG701 has a directional design, and employs hollow pins to reduce weight. At 262 grams, this versatile 11 speed chain is competitive with other high-end chains, and with the new SIL-TEC treatment, a great value due to lower maintenance, longer life, and reduced wear of other drivetrain components.
- Shimano Ultegra/XT chain compatible with road and Dyna-Sys mountain 11-speed groups
- Directional design, with HG-X11 asymmetrical plates and hollow pins
- SIL-TEC plate surface treatment increases durability, reduces wear, runs clean
- Roller Link Plate and Pin Link Plate feature SIL-TEC treatment
- Sheds water, dirt, and mud better than previous Shimano chains
- Precision shifts in all conditions, drivetrain combinations
- Compatible with Shimano SM-CN900 11 Speed Quick Link (sold separately)
- Includes: 11-speed Link Pin for installation
- Links: 116
- Weight: 262g