Mavic Carbon Rim Brake Pads
Mavic's carbon wheels, are best controlled with pads made to Mavic's specification. Where did the French giant turn to? SwissStop off course, the company making the best aftermarket brake pads on the market. There are several versions of Mavic's pads, defined by wheel type and brake pad holder design. As such, SRAM and Shimano pad holders share a standard, and are the most-widely used. Campagnolo, and several aftermarket brands also share a standard, so know exactly what you require before ordering. The second distinction is wheel type. Mavic has two options, one for CXR carbon rims, and one for all their other carbon rims, which employ the TgMax brake track.
The brake pads supplied by SwissStop are built with their Flash Pro Yellow King configuration. Mavic requests a specific depth/section pad for greater longevity and power over the life of the pad. Yellow King is SwissStop's proprietary standard carbon compound, and has been a game changer for braking power on carbon rim surfaces. The pad is rated highly for power, longevity, and modulation and excels in wet or dry conditions.
- Mavic specified SwissStop Flash Pro Yellow King carbon brake pads
- Compound is designed with power, durability and modulation to high levels
- Meets all Mavic standards for wet or dry weather braking
- Mavic offers two types of carbon rim brake pads: CXR models / all other rims
- Select: Shimano HG/SRAM or Campagnolo holder style
- Options: Standard Carbon, Mavic CXR Carbon (CXR will be specified)
- Sold as a pair of 2 individual pads with fasteners (for one brake caliper)