POC's line-up of sport eyewear is impressive in it's focus on great coverage, frame support for all lens options, and stand-out design. The Crave reminds us of the the Aspire, but with a more compact build and ideal integration with Tectal and Tectal Race XC mountain helmets. The frames feature snap-in arms, which are designed to release under impact pressure from an unfortunate face plant, preserving the integrity of the frame and arms.
A huge premium is put on the frame structure and POC uses Grilamid nylon for both its structure and ability to bend to avoid damage. It also is very lightweight, so despite the near full, if hidden, lens support, the Crave weighs in at just 29 grams. POC also uses rubber on the temples and nose piece that grips in any temperature, and seems to hold even better when wet. The hydrophilic material is also durable and comfortable against the skin, meaning that as you tear along the trail or rail the downhill, the Crave will nearly disappear from your active consciousness, which is pretty ideal when you consider that you will have other things to think about at the time.
POC turns to Carl Zeiss for the premium polycarbonate lenses with outstanding optical performance, and each model is designed for various light and riding conditions. The Crave lens options are ripel® treated to help keep fog, dirt and grime off your lenses. Each frame comes with a single lens, and each lens has specific characteristics, largely defined by Visible Light Transmission, or how much light is allowed through. For example, a VLT of 13.3, as in the Gray lens, is for bright sun conditions, blocking almost 87% of the visible light.
- Lightweight, hidden full frame cycling eyewear optimized for Tectal series helmets
- More compact full shield design with frame support and snap off arms
- Grilamid frame material is light, strong, durable, and flexible under stress
- Hydrophilic rubber on nose piece and temples effective wet or dry
- Carl Zeiss PC premium lens with great optical performance
- Lens treated with ripel® to help keep fog, dirt and grime off
- Lens VLT: Grey 13.3%, Light Blue/Electric Mirror 24.8%, Brown/Green Mirror 10.3%
- Colors: Cubane Blue (Light Blue/Electric Mirror), Hydrogen White (Grey), Uranium Black (Brown/Green Mirror)
- Weight: 29 grams