Park Tool DP-1 Friction Fit Dummy Pedal
The DP-1 Dummy Pedal is an incredibly useful tool, especially for shop or race mechanics. Anyone who has ever built a new bike, or built a bike for someone else, has faced the fact that they don't have pedals yet, or a pedal handy to work through the shifting and derailleur set-up. Spinning the crank is, of course an elemental aspect of the tuning process. It's Friction Fit tapered end inserts into the crank arm, just as a pedal would, but without threading in, The user just spins the crank using the DP-1 to run through the gearing. No harm is done to the pedal insert, and the tool is quick and easy to use.
A polymer knob, with a ridged surface makes it easy to spin the axle in, and it features a small stop lip that keeps even the most expensive crankset completely protected from any interaction with the tool. The free spinning handle itself is ergonomic and slip resistant, even when greasy, so you can quickly and smoothly get the crankset up to the desired cadence for shifting through the drivetrain. Simple, safe, inexpensive and effective, so every mechanic can easily justify having a DP-1 ready for the next build.
- Dummy "pedal" quickly installs to speed up drivetrain adjustments
- Ideal tool for running through gears for drivetrain, cable adjustments
- Perfect for bike builders or shop mechanics, handy for home use
- Tapered tip enters where pedal would normally thread, for drive side engagement
- Simple polymer knob, with a ridged edge for "threading" in, and removing tool
- Ergonomic, no slip handle for safe and easy use