Shimano Dura-Ace Polymer Shift Cable
You can build the best mechanical shifters and standard-setting derailleurs, but if the cable that connects them is sub-par, worn, or lacking in any way, you will sacrifice shifting performance. Enter the Dura-Ace level Polymer Coated Derailleur Cable from Shimano. The engineers from the Japanese cycling giant deliver this stainless steel cable with a bonded polymer treatment that creates a super slick surface that almost eliminates drag from the low-friction, curved, wound strand steel.
Recommended for optimal use with Dura-Ace, Ultegra, XTR and XT shifting systems, the coated 1.2mm cable works best with Shimano's top-end SP-41 housing pre-lubricated with silicone grease, though use with any high quality 4mm housing is feasible. Just use a little Shimano SIS SP41 Shift Cable Grease on the cable for best results. Each 2100mm long cable comes with 2 sealed ferrules, 2 Cover with tongue (nose cap) styles, and 1 end cap to finish the job. Used with the SP-41 housing, cable and housing life exceed any other standard system, ensuring fewer cable and housing replacements. Performance is smooth and immediate, keeping the precise shifting indexed perfectly to the derailleurs.
- Polymer coated shift cable that delivers silky smooth shifting performance
- Rated for Dura-Ace, Ultegra, XTR, XT
- Optimal effect with Shimano SP-41 pre-greased housing
- 1.2mm curved, low friction, wound stainless steel strand cable will not rust
- 2100mm length- plenty long enough for rear derailleur on all sizes
- Silicone grease is only recommended lubricant
- Single cable packaged with 2 sealed ferrules, 1 end cap, 2 Cover with tongue
- Made in Japan