Shimano Dura-Ace Polymer Shift Cable
You can build the best mechanical shifters and standard-setting derailleurs, but if the cable that connects them is sub-par, worn, or lacking in any way, you will sacrifice shifting performance. Enter the Dura-Ace level Polymer Coated Derailleur Cable from Shimano. The engineers from the Japanese cycling giant deliver this stainless steel cable with a bonded polymer treatment that creates a super slick surface that almost eliminates drag from the low-friction, curved, wound strand steel.
Recommended for optimal use with Dura-Ace, Ultegra, XTR and XT shifting systems, the coated 1.2mm cable works best with Shimano's top-end SP-41 housing pre-lubricated with silicone grease, though use with any high quality 4mm housing is feasible. Just use a little Shimano SIS SP41 Shift Cable Grease on the cable for best results. The 2100mm length is the standard rear derailleur length option for most frame sizes and styles and the 2500mm version is ideal for larger 29ers, non-electric cargo bikes, etc.
Each cable comes with 2 sealed ferrules, 2 Cover with tongue (nose cap) styles, and 1 end cap to finish the job. Used with the SP-41 housing, cable and housing life exceed any other standard system, ensuring fewer cable and housing replacements. Performance is smooth and immediate, keeping the precise shifting indexed perfectly to the derailleurs.
- Polymer coated shift cable that delivers silky smooth shifting performance
- Rated for Dura-Ace, Ultegra, XTR, XT
- Optimal effect with Shimano SP-41 pre-greased housing
- 1.2mm curved, low friction, wound stainless steel strand cable will not rust
- Select length-2100mm long enough for rear derailleur on most frames/types
- Silicone grease is only recommended lubricant
- Single cable packaged with 2 sealed ferrules, 1 end cap, 2 Cover with tongue
- Options: 2100mm, 2500mm
- Made in Japan