Pearl Izumi ELITE Escape AmFib Bib Tights
When riding outside in the winter is not only required, but enjoyed, the process begins with the right gear. In wet or dry temps from 30-45°F the Pearl Izumi ELITE Escape AmFIB Bib Tight is the best non-chamois pad option at the price point. Employing two key technologies, one an evolved fabric, and the second the new PI Dry fabric treatment, this is a bib tight shrugs off wet weather, road slush, and brutal cold winds. The garment has been produced with an anatomic, supportive fit that encourages freedom of pedaling action and feels natural on the bike. This is a bib tight that deploys much of Pearl's tremendous cycling knowledge, fabric development, and rider-focused design- all at an unbeatable price.
The Men's ELITE Escape AmFIB Bib Tights are Pearl&s #39;warmest cold-weather bib tight. The lower's base fabric is Thermal Fleece, which is soft on the skin, has loft to retain heat and allows moisture to release outward. On the rear of the leg panels, PI Dry™, a permanent water resistant fiber coating repels spray, slush, and driven rain. On the front ELITE AmFIB Softshell provides superior wind and water protection in all the key direct exposure areas. This generation of AmFIB is lighter, more flexible, and generally matches the base fabric stretch much better, delivering high-level wind and water protection without sacrificing ergonomic performance.
The bib upper is made from PRO Transfer fabric with raw edge construction for comfort, and clean, flat interface to the next layer. This fabric has great 4-way stretch and recovery, offering muscle and fit support, as well being highly breathable, to keep perspiration off your skin and moving it out to the next layer. The feel and clean edges prevent chafing, while the added height around the external obliques and lower back contributes to the mildly compressive support.
Fit is best in moderate to aggressive cycling position, and remember, if you want a chamois pad, you will need a cycling liner, short or bib with your favorite pad. Pearl has added some nice touches, including a slim security pocket on the right leg for quick access for important small items. Inseam length is an un-stretched 28.5" (in the Medium), and external ankle zips make for easy on and off when hands are cold and a warm shower beckons. There is a zip flap that protects the skin from the zipper itself. Bio-Viz reflective zones on the legs add substantial visibility when exposed to light. If you are in the market for a non-padded bib tight for winter use, and comfort, protection, fit and comfort are as important as durability and value, the ELITE Escape AmFIB Bib Tight must move to the top of your wish list.
- Non-padded winter bib tight maximum splash and strategic wind protection without compromising freedom of movement
- ELITE AmFIB® Softshell for superior wind, water protection in key exposure areas
- Thermal Fleece fabric with water-shedding PI Dry™ technology on back of legs
- Flat, external pocket on right thigh for easy access to essentials
- Ankle zippers allow for easy on and off
- PRO Transfer fabric with raw edge construction on bib uppers for comfort
- BioViz™ reflective elements for low-light visibility
- Materials: Body: 41% nylon % polyester 13% Lycra 5% polyurethane; Fabric Weight: 420 g/m2 10,000 mm waterproof/15,000 g/m2/24-hour breathability; Thermal panels: 56% nylon 30% polyester 14% Lycra
- Inseam: 28.5" (Medium)
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, XL, XXL
- Color: Black