Pearl Izumi Elite Escape 3Qtr BibTights
The Elite Escape 3Qtr Tight from Pearl Izumi is actually a knicker length bib designed for summer and edge season riding when you need a little more coverage. You don't sacrifice breathability, you do get some extra muscle support, and if you have this piece, believe us, you will actually use it. As an Escape series product you get materials and tech for longer rides, with a low friction ELITE 1:1 Chamois pad, and some PRO level Transfer panels in the main short that ensure comfort and mild compression.
As a cool summer weight bib (think 50-70°F), the piece gets a highly breathable, moderate stretch, complete mesh upper that keeps the whole bib knicker completely stable and in place. Great for warmer days and perfect for baselayer use, the bib upper also stays comfortable as it simply can't hold moisture. In addition to the PRO Transfer panels, the short lower also gets SELECT Transfer panels to complement them. Highly breathable, these are located in the warmest zones to expel hot moist air from the skin. Finishing off the short's leg openings raw edge PRO Transfer fabric a affords good hold and soft stretch comfort, with augmented silicone underneath for added grip.
The aforementioned ELITE 1:1 Chamois pad has a breathable varying density foam pad, which is covered by a soft, floating top sheet. The topsheet moves with you, reducing friction and easing moisture away the skin at the same time. One of Pearl's most popular mileage chamois pads, the anatomically informed ELITE 1:1 delivers all-day comfort and long-term durability and effectiveness. As a knicker, or 3/4 length garment, the Pearl Izumi Elite Escape 3Qtr Tights also give you a little more protection on the knee from onrushing cool air and muscle from the mid calf zone, over the knee and up to the hip. Finishing off the piece Pearl strategically places BioViz™ reflective elements for low-light visibility. Pearl has done this type of piece at the Attack-level for years and we are glad to see a higher quality version available.
- Summer-weight 3/4 bib tight provides the extra knee coverage needed on a cool day or early morning, with high breathability, mild to moderate compression, all day comfort, and a full mesh bib that works well alone or with a baselayer
- New PRO Transfer fabric in the body of the short provides superior comfort and optimal moisture transfer
- SELECT Transfer fabric in selected panels sets the benchmark for moisture transfer
- Mesh bib upper provides stability with comfort
- Raw edge PRO Transfer fabric at leg opening for soft stretch comfort with silicone for added grip
- New ELITE Escape 1:1™ Chamois with floating top sheet design reduces friction for all day comfort
- BioViz™ reflective elements for low-light visibility
- Fabric: Solid panels 46% nylon 38% polyester 16% LYCRA® elastane, Weight 225 g/m2;, Sublimated panels 88% nylon 12% LYCRA® elastane, Weight 240 g/m2
- Suggested temperature range: 50-70°F
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, XL, XXL
- Color: Black
- Weight: 250 grams (Large)