Pearl Izumi Elite Softshell Gel Glove
Pearl's Elite Gel Glove is their most popular summer offering for it's overall comfort and protection, breathability and fit. The Winter version adds weather protection, a long cuff and touch screen capability in a reasonably lightweight, not too bulky package that will keep your hands, warm, dry and tactile enough to handle your bike and manipulate shifting and braking at all times.
The weather protection comes from ELITE Softshell fabric, which effective blocks wind and water. The compact 100g Primaloft® Gold insulation provides optimal warmth without bulk, and Pearl lines the glove with polyester fleece, which holds warmth close to the skin, yet breathes away excess moisture and feels soft on the hands. The designers who labor for Pearl Izumi use a concept for anatomic fit and flexibility for optimal dexterity while riding. Assembling the materials to maximize the properties of each material and maintaining function is crucial to the cyclist's ability to perform and stay safe in wet, cold riding conditions.
A synthetic leather palm material offers great durability and grip, which is enhanced when wet. Ample gel padding is strategically place to protective median and ulnar nerves, which are impacted by pressure that contributes to diminished feel in the palm and digits, an even more challenging situation when temps are closer to freezing. The middle and index fingers feature silicone print to offer more grip on shift, brake levers, even when soaking wet. The long, gauntlet like cuff has a hook and loop closure to ensure a gasket like seal, and yet is still jacket friendly. Elastic at the wrist gather the glove for a better overall fit. As you'd expect, a fleece wiping surface graces the back of each thumb. Finally, reflective highlights offer visibility in low-light situations, and the index finger and thumb of each glove has a special touch screen compatible version of the synthetic leather. Don't worry, the designers placed the index finger silicone off the finger tip, so it won't impede touch screen use. if you notice a drop off in effectiveness, it is good sign you need to clean the gloves, following the care instructions, as that will bring conductivity back.
The ELITE Softshell Glove is perfect for training cyclists, cross riders and commuters who venture out when others set their bikes aside or leave them on trainers come late Fall. The protection level, thermal properties, breathability and features are all effective, with excellent fit and function. And isn't that what you seek when the temperature drops and the cold wet stuff comes down?
- Highly capable cold and wet weather cycling glove for safer 3-season riding
- ELITE Softshell fabric provides wind and water protection
- 100g Primaloft° Gold insulation provides optimal warmth without bulk
- Fleece lined interior for additional warmth
- 1:1 Glove fit maximizes finger dexterity for shifting and braking
- Long gauntlet design keeps wrists warm, prevents air flow with hook and loop closure
- Synthetic leather palm is soft and durable
- Conductive synthetic leather on index finger, thumb works with touch screen devices
- Reflective elements for low–light visibility
- If conductivity is not working well, please wash gloves to restore
- Shell: 46% polyester 36% nylon 10% elastane 8% polyurethane
- Palm: 60% nylon 40% polyurethane; Liner: 100% polyester; Insulation: 100% polyester
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, XL, XXL
- Color: Black
- Weight: 174 grams (Large)