Thomson Elite X4 Stem
The Thomson Elite X4 stem is one of the best choices you can make for Cross Country or All Mountain application. The body of the stem is machined from one healthy chunk of 7000 series aluminum for the ultimate in stiffness and durability. On the theme of stiffness, the face plate is void of any cutouts which adds a few grams but delivers in keeping the bars from flexing. This face plate coupled with the stout shaft of the stem gives the rider perfect steering input without deflection found in lighter weight designs. The rear steerer tube clamp has rounded and smooth edges to save your knees from getting pummeled and gives the stem a clean look.
The Elite X4 is has the classic anodized black semi-polished finish found in Thomson products and has the etched Thomson logo on the side if the stem shaft and front of the faceplate. The Zero degree angle is industry standard for mountain bike geometry. Please keep in mind that a Zero angle makes the stem at 90 degrees to the steerer tube, not the ground. The handlebar clamp diameter is 31.8mm, which is the current dominant MTB standard.
- Perhaps the most reliable, stiffest mountain bike stems ever made
- Precision machined from 7000 series aluminum alloy; Made in USA
- Designed for Cross Country/All Mountain applications
- Best combination of strength and weight available
- DO NOT exceed the listed torque specifications
- Zero degree / 90° angle (off steerer tube, will point at up angle in relation to ground)
- Finish: Black anodized
- Weight: 174 grams (110mm)