Pearl Izumi Escape Quest Short
Cycling shorts deliver the comfort and performance riders need to truly enjoy the cycling experience. Whether you prefer an actual short, or the bib-style, a padded model is crucial to preserving your skin integrity and reducing the soreness and pressure you get from sitting on a bike saddle. The Escape Quest Short from Pearl Izumi is a short that any rider can enjoy, but the sweet spot is likely for 1-3 hour rides at any effort level. Take advantage of Pearl's commitment to quality fabrics and construction and enjoy your ride and feel fresh and comfortable enough to head out again on Sunday after a few hours of enjoyment on Saturday.
The Quest Short is constructed from six panels of Select Transfer fabric. As you would imagine, Select Transfer is designed with moderate compression, and will move or transfer moisture away from your body through the outer layer of the fabric where it will expedite the drying process. Beyond function, it's also durable and washable. The waist is wider than many shorts, with a flat elastic band that won't bite into you, but secures the waist so it won't slide downwards from pedaling action. The short is finished off with a very comfortable turned leg hem, which is held in place with a printed silicone leg gripper that will maintain the position of the short while riding.
The major update for the Quest Bib Short is the new Select-level Escape chamois pad. Designed and built with Pearl Izumi's 1:1 construction process, the areas that require the most padding get it, while where direct pressure is less, a thinner padding level is used. The high density, variable thickness foam breathes and won't absorb moisture, and the soft top cover is anti-microbial to ensure skin health. BioViz reflective elements ensure visibility in low-light conditions. And that is it. Just a well made, technical cycling garment that won't break the bank, or your butt.
- Top-selling, cost effective short with excellent technical properties & construction
- 6-panel Select Transfer fabric has moderate compression, soft feel, highly breathable
- New blended thickness SELECT Escape 1:1™ Chamois for chafe-free comfort
- 1" wide waist elastic holds up, doesn't bite into waist
- Printed silicone leg gripper on turned hem holds short comfortably where you want it
- BioViz™ reflective elements for low-light visibility
- Body: 88% nylon 12% Lycra elastane- 240 g/m2
- Effective temperature range: 60-100°F
- Inseam: 9.5"
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, XL, XXL
- Color: Black
- Weight: 174 grams (Large)