Park Tool FR-1.3 Shimano Freewheel Remover
Old school doesn't always mean old tool. Park has always worked hard to support older components and interfaces that are still somewhat common. The retro bike movement of the last decade means there are plenty of true thread-on freewheel-type hubs and cogsets that require service or replacement. Indeed there are new freewheel designs and options as well. The venerable Park FR-1 had been updated previously with a longer shaft and now the FR-1.3 includes an enlarged thru-hole to accommodate 14mm axles commonly found on e-bike rear hubs.
The FR-1.3 features works with 12-spline freewheel designs with a 22.6mm diameter. It works with Shimano®, Sachs® Aris, Sun Race®, DNP® Epoch and other 5–10 speed freewheels. The hexagonal interface can be used with 1 inch wrenches or tools, as well as adjustable wrenches. The tool steel is of high quality, with precision splines and built for every day shop use. Every shop mechanic has to have an FR-1.3 on hand, and many serious home mechanics will opt to have one as well. You never know what bikes the neighbors may need help with. Park Tool gives you the affordable, shop quality tools for every job, even those that involve old school, thread-on freewheels.
- Updated version of the Park FR-1 thread-on freewheel removal tool
- Longer shaft and enlarged thru-hole for 14mm axle designs
- 12 spline tool with 22.6mm diameter interface
- Compatible with most 5-10 thread-on free wheels
- Designed for: Shimano, Sachs Aris, Sun Race, DNP Epoch
- Hexagonal interface for 1" wrench or tool, can be used with adjustable wrench
- New design compatible with many e-bikes that use thread-on freewheels