Park Tool FR-5.2GT Cassette Lockring Remover with Pin
Park Tool's FR-5.2GT Hyperglide Lockring Remover with Pin is the latest iteration of the FR-5 and was designed for 12mm diameter thru-axle hubs . This proven, though simple design adds a 12mm alloy Guide Pin to enable cyclists and mechanics to quickly and precisely remove and install cassette lockrings from Shimano, SRAM, SunRace, SunTour, Chris King and others. The deep section, 12-spline, 23.4mm diameter tool face meshes with nearly every cassette lockring from these manufacturers. It even fits with SRAM's XX1 11-speed cassettes and the internal notch versions of Shimano's Center Lock disc rotor lockrings.
The back side of the interface fits the Park SR-11, a standard 6-sided 1" wrench and works just as well with any integrated 1" torque tool or crescent-style adjustable. The center section holds the blue anodized 12mm alloy pin. The steel tool faces will last a lifetime for home mechanics, and for a few years of near-constant use in the shop setting. The addition of the 12mm Guide Pin in the FR-5.2GT ensures precision and stability when working with 12mm thru-axle equipped hubs.
- Deeper spline design with 12mm guide pin for installing/removing cassette lockrings
- Guide pin fits perfectly into 12mm TA hubs for precision alignment and stability
- Compatible with Shimano, SRAM, SunRace, SunTour, Chris King and others
- Works with SRAM XX1 11-speed cassettes
- Also fit Shimano Center Lock disc rotor lockrings with internal notches
- 12-spline, 23.4mm diameter interface
- Back side of the tool is six-sided for 1" wrenches, torque tools, etc
- Always ensure the splines are seated before applying torque
- A chainwhip is required for combined use when removing cassette lockrings
- Precision tooled hardened steel for all day, every day use