Sportful Fiandre NoRain Pro Bibshort
Fiandre-series garments from Sportful were designed for the race and weather conditions commonly "enjoyed" in Flanders during the Classics season. The pro-level Fiandre No Rain Bibshort has been updated with a chamois change. The NoRain technology developed by Sportful delivers a nanotechnology driven water-repellent exterior and a lightweight but significant brushed fleece interior to keep out the wet and wind, serving to conserve and preserve warmth. Incredible performance and optimal value in a protection 2-3 season bib short that is at home training in the mountains, racing cyclocross, or gearing up for a wet spring build to the season. Generally paired with Sportful's NoRain knee or leg warmers, it can also be worn solo when the skies clear.
Technically speaking, NoRain is a nanotechnology treatment that in this case is applied to 4-way stretch exterior Lycra material. Called No-Rain Thermal, this finished fabric is highly water repellent and deters free air intrusion. The inner surface Thermodrytex Plus features maximum stretch and a dense warm fleece inner layer that combined make this fabric ideal for warmth and the flexibility needed for motion performance. Made with 84% Nylon and 16% Lycra keep the fabric soft and stretchy is comfortable against the skin. Moisture is lifted and released through the form-fitting design, as is excess heat.
The short is finished at the cuff by a raw-cut edge elastic with silicone dot gripper for a smooth, effective grip zone that adds some compression. The TC Pro Chamois has the the anatomic shape and seamless construction you expect but padding is minimal, though dense, the way pro riders prefer it. The top sheet is soft, and pulls away moisture, while shape moves with you as you ride. This Sportful's optimal minimalist pad, and favored by sponsored pro cyclists for long training days.
The bib upper has more of a full back design with good wrap, as befits a cool weather product, but it has a fine, lightweight polymide mesh that won't hold moisture, quickly removing it from the skin and passing it out to the next layer. The finished seams and edges are clean, and the straps wide enough to sit flat. The pull and stretch largely come from the short itself, while support comes from the upper, especially at the external obliques and lower back muscles.
The bottom line is that if you need a cool weather bib short with wet weather protection, you won't find a better product anywhere near this price point. The performance of the Fiandre NoRain Pro Bibshort exceeds expectations.
- Rain protection and thermal warmth in a performance bib short
- Nanotechnology driven water-repellent exterior surface
- Minimal seaming for additional water protection
- Thermodrytex Plus fleece inner layer with maximum stretch
- TC Pro Chamois with anatomic shape, seamless construction, less overall but dense padding, high breathability, and soft top sheet
- Raw-cut edge elastic with silicone dot gripper
- Perforated Ltd lie-flat bibs for superior comfort and ventilation
- Supportive, lightweight polymide mesh bib upper wicks away moisture
- Reflective piping for added visibility
- Materials: 54% Polyamide, 27% Polyester,18% Elastane (Spandex)
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, XL, XXL, 3XL
- Color: Black
- Weight: 235 grams (Medium)