Ray Ban Folding Wayfarer
The Original Wayfarer Classic was the foundation of a deep line of Wayfarer options for Ray Ban, but one of the most important, and as close to the original in design and style, has been the Folding Wayfarer. The 54mm wide lenses are little different, with the frame in nylon instead of acetate, the Folding Wayfarer added a center nose bridge hinge, as well as two mid-temple arm hinges, allowing the owner to fold up the Wayfarer for ease of carrying and storage. The hinged joints are almost impossible to see when the glasses are fully open, work flawlessly, and have their own cool factor to augment the iconic Wayfarer shape.
The smooth curves and shapes of the Wayfarer lenses and frames are still considered "square", but that is really just a classification, not a reality. The 54mm lens fits most small and medium faces, even some larger features, and the nose bridge is a wide 22mm, which allows for wearing them low on the nose or up tight, depending your desired effect: studied casual, or indifferent formality. That is also reflected in the longish 140mm temple arm length which gives you options and hold. Besides the indelible shape of the lenses and frame, it is important to point out that the tapered, bold arm design has been equally important to the success of the Wayfarer, and it may have been copied more than the lens shape over the years.
We brought the Ray Ban Folding Wayfarer in just- because. After much debate we decided the Tortoise frame color with the Brown Classic B-15 lens was the best way to go. Genuine since 1937, the classic B-15 was originally developed for military use, offers a high level of clarity, comfort and protection. Featuring the same high performance qualities as its twin Green lenses, the B-15 lenses are the Brown alternative. With greater contrast in low light conditions, brown lenses give you the power to see more clearly. The 15% VLT is great for sunny conditions, but the brown tint is very versatile across mixed and even cloudy skies.
- Folding frame version of the iconic original Wayfarer sunglass
- Lightweight, strong, resilient nylon frames and arms
- Temple arms hinged normally, with center nose and mid arm hinges as well
- Long temple arms feature a curved shape with distinct design and ear shape
- Dual lenses are wavy square in shape, with pure Wayfarer style
- The wide nose bridge offers mild hold and grip but is designed for slide style
- Ray Ban logos on front,outside of temple arms, specs on inside, logos on lenses
- Size: Lenses 54mm, Nose bridge 22mm, Temple arms 140mm
- Great clarity and 100% UV protection
- Includes: case, lens cloth
- Frame color option: Tortoise
- Lens option: Brown Classic G-15
- Made in Italy