Pearl Izumi Interval Short
The Interval Short has all the tech you require in a short, with a sleek clean look. Minimalist in appearance does not, however, mean minimalist in technology or garment design. The seven panel design short is an idealized anatomically informed product. This is a short geared towards aggressive postures and efforts with excellent support and performance from the enhanced Pearl Izumi fabrics. The Interval Short also fits nicely on a variety of body types thanks to the high Lycra elastane percentage and are a great go-to product for a wide variety of riding situations, with particular value in hot, humid weather.
In the short section, the Elite Transfer In-R-Cool® fabric powered by coldblack® has controlled stretch with moderate compression that is accentuated by the construction. The panels are aligned specifically to work with active muscles for the best support and control, and joined by bonded ends to ensure comfort. The lightweight, highly breathable material retains its fantastic durability and features built- in technology to reflect the sun's rays and reduce fabric surface temperature under direct sunlight, keeping the material and skin much cooler than one would think possible. In-R-Cool active moisture transfer properties help to regulate body temperature and keep you dry to get more performance and enjoyment on those pavement scorching days. Laser cut leg openings with silicone leg grippers for seamless transition to skin and hold of the 10" inseam without discomfort.
The minimal waistband abdomen has 360° support from a perfectly panelized design that isolates the most compression on the crucial lower obliques and abdominal without feeling uncomfortable during high-output cycling. Muscle support through compression has been proven to reduce fatigue from road vibration and impact, and supported core muscles can more easily assist the hip flexors, quads, and glutes through the pedaling motion.
The final piece is the terrific ELITE Escape 1:1® Chamois with floating top sheet design that reduces friction. This sculpted pad consists of variably dense layers and is pre-shaped to conform to the body. It is made with breathable 4-Way Stretch Technology that adjusts to body movements and moves moisture away. The floating top sheet prevents chafing and allows the body to move a little while the pad stays in place. It is a great chamois for all day efforts in cool or warm weather- perfectly suited to the performance requirements of this short.
At $130, the Interval Short delivers the tremendous combination of technology, design, and performance one expects from Pearl Izumi. At this price point, there aren't many shorts that even come close to what Pearl delivers. If you are dedicated rider that loves to go out for fast, fun rides every chance you get, and prefer a stealthy, modest appearance (the better to fool those you pass with a smile and nod), this is a workhorse short.
- Performance short with coldblack® technology, clean look, and anatomic fit
- ELITE Transfer In-R-Cool® fabric provides optimal stretch, cooling; reflects sun
- Anatomic seven panel design of short provides excellent fit, muscle support
- Lightweight fabric uses 34% Lycra for muscle hugging stretch, compression
- Laser cut leg openings with silicone leg grippers for seamless transition to skin
- ELITE Escape 1:1® Chamois with floating top sheet design reduces friction
- Upper Panel: 66% nylon, 34% LYCRA® elastane
- Lower Leg: 65% nylon, 35% LYCRA® elastane
- 10" inseam (Medium)
- UPF 50+ (short), coldblack® also reflects heat to reduce surface temperatures
- Suggested temperature range: 55-100°F
- Bio-Viz® reflective elements for low-light visibility
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, XL
- Color: Black, Navy
- Weight: 161 grams (Large)