HED Jet 4 Plus Rim Brake Rear Wheel
The Jet series wheels have been an affordable and effective aero option for road race and triathlon for years. HED starts with their revolutionary 25mm wide Jet Plus aluminum rim and adds a bonded carbon fairing structures. Now a well proven concept, the wider rim improves handling and ride quality. A wider rim increases the amount of air volume which in turn allows the tire to be run at lower pressure. This lower pressure means that the bumps will be smoothed out in the road, which improves comfort. Unlike with narrow rims, the wide platform supports the tire sidewall so that you can corner with more confidence, as there is no tire flop. Lateral stiffness and drivetrain efficiency are improved.
The Jet 4 Plus has a 46mm depth, 25mm external width, 20.7 internal width. This tubeless compatible wide rim and shaped fairing design results in lower side force than its deeper cousins, with proven aerodynamic performance that would make competitors' 80mm rims jealous. The machined aluminum braking surface is consistent and the added rim width and a modern rim brake caliper the added rim width delivers excellent braking power. This rear wheel includes 130mm rear skewer, valve extender and tubeless rim tape.
- Mid-aero rear wheel with "Stallion" build for greater strength and durability, proven aerodynamics
- Jet concept utilizes an aluminum rim with shaped carbon fairing
- RIm is tubeless compatible with tape and valve
- 45mm rim depth
- 25mm external rim width (20.7mm internal)
- Machined alloy braking surface uses standard pads, HED recommends fresh pads
- HED 28h rear hub with interchangeable freehub system, alloy axle, sealed cartridge bearings
- 24 Sapim CX-Ray black j-bend spokes, laced 2x
- Includes: 130mm rear skewer, valve extender and rim tape