Factor O2 Disc Frameset 2019
Limited availability of these past-season colorway Factor O2 Disc framesets. The package includes O2 Disc frame and O2 Svelte Fork, and CeramicSpeed headset This is a perfect opportunity to purchase a true masterpiece frameset that rides and performs like a dream. This is a factory authorized sale and the O2 Disc Framesets come with full manufacturer's warranty.
Factor has mastered the processes of Computer Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and frame laminate design with it's Fibersim optimization program, using the only the absolutely necessary types and amounts of carbon fiber and resin for each frame. The company wastes as little material as is possible, and believes that frames are no the place for waste material. Each O2 is built with Factor's EM2 RGicarbon system, employs various amounts of three carbon fiber types: Standard Modulus, Medium Modulus, and the costly and difficult to work with High Modulus Pitch Fiber. Each is applied to it's greatest effect, in accordance with the desired properties of each frame section or tube. Due to the challenges and costs, Pitch fiber is rarely used except at the top-end of the bike world. Factor knows the process and material well, and uses Pitch fiber to it's greatest effect. That exacting process, zero waste, highly informed engineering, and optimal materials combine to deliver a lightweight frameset that you will want to ride for hours every time you clip in. Just ask the pro riders of the AG2R La Mondiale cycling team.
The combination of dynamic tubes shapes, sizes and transitions with the O2 Svelte fork provides a perfectly balanced ride. The blended fork crown/headtube junction and sculpted lowers minimize the surface area of the fork and allow the crown to mesh perfectly with the frame. At the same time the design also elicits an incredible smooth and controlled ride quality, at a low overall weight. Both the Svelte Disc fork and O2 rear triangle easily accept 28mm road tires, without looking oversized when 23 or 25mm models are preferred. Given the slim nature of the fork, most riders will be amazed at the lateral stiffness and cornering capability, and blown away by the compliance, even over the roughest surfaces. Those characteristics reflect the material knowledge and construction genius that Factor brings to the table. The O2’s Svelte fork employs a 1⅛" to 1⅜" tapered steerer, which precisely and effortlessly glides while turning on the provided Ceramic Speed headset.
The tubeset flows outward from the headtube junction, with shapes that deliver the strength, comfort and power transfer you expect, with a sleek and refined appearance. You will recognize the now common aerodynamic approach of abbreviated, somewhat squared off rear shape of the vertical tubes, which allow air to flow and fill behind, reducing drag and adding some push forward. The design is very effective for bike stability and handling in any wind, and defeats lateral torsion for rock steady power and energy transfer. The more more rounded and curved shapes combine with the judicious use of proper carbon fiber to produce the vertical compliance and smooth ride that never feels flexy or wasteful. The aerodynamic features also include the carefully positioned and executed internal cable routing system (for both mechanical and electronic systems), and Di2 junction box mount. At first glance you may wonder how the seatpost is adjusted and fastened, but if you look under the toptube and seattube junction, you'll see the bolt access. This is one of the cleanest frame designs you will ever see, and whether you opt for Di2, mechanical, or eTap, the final result can be stunning to behold.
O2 Disc Frameset Includes
- O2 Disc frame/O2 Svelte Disc fork
- CeramicSpeed ceramic bearing headset
- Full Manufacturer's warranty
- Premier quality, materials and engineering in a pro-level road race disc frameset
- EM2 RGicarbon system developed over years of high level carbon experience
- Sleek, slightly sloping, semi-aero design, integrated cable routing, fork/frame interface, integrated hidden seatpost clamp
- 1⅛" to 1⅜" tapered steerer tube and headtube
- Svelte Fork is specific to O2 Disc, with incredible control and smooth ride
- Aggressive road geometry with ride all day comfort and top performance
- Requires 27.2mm seatpost, recommend at least 350mm length
- Can be set-up mechanical or electronic, with exception of electronic-only Bardet color
- Frame detail: BBright BB shell, Braze-on FD, 12/100, 12/142 Thru-axles
- Flat Mount disc caliper standards (160mm rotor max)
- Includes: CeramicSpeed headset w/Factor topcap
- Sizes: 46, 58, 61 cm
- Colors: Stealth, Turquoise, Bardet (electronic only)
- Weight: 842 grams (52cm bare frame only)