Castelli Perfetto Long Sleeve
Perfetto. Perfect. Such was the description riders gave the Gabba Long Sleeve Jacket. In this new generation, Castelli decided that Perfetto worked for them, and renamed the design as such. The race ready, lightweight, aerodynamic jacket, with excellent protection from Gore® Windstopper® X-Lite Plus fabric has been updated with fit refinements, better breathable water and wind protection, laser cut drain holes in the pockets, and a redesigned rain flap that sits better and closer the body. Of course many of the true Gabba features carry over as well. Perfetto, indeed.
In some ways, the Perfetto Long Sleeve is actually a protective long sleeve jersey. Many riders eschew other layers, rocking just a baselayer underneath depending on the weather and temperature conditions. But when you are considering fit and function, it helps if you think of it as a jersey. The 4-way stretch of the X-Lite Plus fabric ensures a snug, though compliant fit and it is aided by the thinner, highly breathable, lightweight Castelli Nano Flex fabric panels under the arms. X-Lite Plus has the exceptional wind blocking capabilities Windstopper is known for, and excellent water repellency that has been enhanced with additional liquid application. When you need to go out to train hard in the cool and wet, the Perfetto gets the job done. A fine brushed fleece inner face is soft and comfortable, serving to offer mild insulation (that seems warmer due to the highly effective blocking of onrushing air), and through movement ensures that moisture is lifted off and released through the Gore membrane system.
Fit is perhaps a bit more generous than the Gabba, with the stretch assisting, but make no mistake, this is an aggressively cut, Rosso Corsa piece for fit cyclists who require and desire the aero fit. The full zip is ultra-reliable YKK Vislon, and a windflap offers extra protection over the top. A silicone gripper at the waist holds the Perfetto Long Sleeve in place and the three-section pro pocket is race jersey worthy, and still holds the essentials. We are thankful for the laser cut drainage holes. When a fabric blocks water as well as the X-Fast Lite Plus, the water has to go somewhere, and filling the pockets isn't exactly optimal. The new splash flap is also a big improvement. It hugs the body better, offering true protection. The front-side zip vents are perfect for managing excess heat for when the effort level goes through the roof, or when a patch of wet tarmac catches a window of sun.
The Gabba Long Sleeve was about as highly regarded as any cycling product of the last decade. In this new generation, as the Perfetto, Castelli truly improved upon the "classic" Gabba. While we are sure new fabric advances and pro feedback still to come will bring refinement to the Perfetto Long Sleeve, by and large, it is the perfect protection layer for serious Fall/Spring cycling at the highest levels of the sport.
- Premium protection-class aero jacket for aggressive cycling in cool, wet weather
- Fully aero, fully breathable, fully protected; race cut like a jersey more than jacket
- Windstopper® X-Lite Plus fabric for lightweight total wind protection with water-repellent finish
- Nano Flex fabric insert under arms adds more stretch for fit, releases excess heat and moisture quicker from this high-output zone
- Storm-flap construction at back protects from wheel spray
- Silicone gripper on waistband to limit ride-up
- Full-length YKK Vislon® zipper with wind flap
- Front side zip ventilation zones to control spikes in internal or external temperatures
- 3 rear pockets with laser cut drain
- Temperature range: 43-59°F
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, XL, XXL, 3XL
- Colors: Black, Red, Light Black
- Weight: 386 grams (Medium)