Pearl Izumi Pro Pursuit Wind Jersey
Summer weight protection level clothing is all the rage and the Pearl Izumi PRO. Pursuit Wind Jersey is not only a good example, but a great representative of the genre. A simple and highly versatile solution for lightweight wind protection in transitioning temperatures, the form fitting PRO Pursuit Wind Jersey features wind and water blocking materials across the chest and arms, with a summer-weight jersey back panel to release excess heat.
The front facing key area components of the jersey feature Pearl' Softshell Lite fabric to provide breathable wind and water protection with unrestricted mobility at a very light weight. Charging into a summer shower or a cool morning is child's play for this versatile and effective fabric. Otherwise the PRO Pursuit Wind more closely resembles form fit Spring or Fall cycling wear, with the excellent shoulder and arm fit in the aggressive cycling position supplied by Pearl's Speed Sleeve anatomic and aerodynamic design. PRO Transfer fabric is used on the back and under the arms for great fit and comfort. As with all Pearl Izumi Transfer fabrics this material quickly moves moisture off your skin to keep you dry in the hottest conditions.
Features wise, the designers hit all the marks. The full-length semi-autolock zipper with top storm flap for protection and versatile ventilation options works perfectly with one hand. The rear three pocket structure is deep and compressive, perfect for stowing arm warmers that will complement the protective nature of the Softshell Lite front panel. The fit and finish is impeccable, as the P.R.O. line always is, and the Bio-Viz reflective highlights really pop under beamed light in dawn or dusk conditions. While it is true that some cyclists may find the P.R.O. Pursuit Wind Jersey a bit of specialist gear, those that live in the mountains or along the water, or simple those that head out early every day, will fully grasp the value and effectiveness of this protective short sleeve jersey.
- Simple and highly versatile short sleeve jersey solution for lightweight wind protection in transitioning temperatures
- Softshell Lite fabric on key areas provides breathable wind and water protection with unrestricted mobility
- PRO Transfer fabric moves moisture off your skin to keep you dry
- Patented anatomic Speed Sleeve construction optimizes fit in the cycling position
- Full-length semi-autolock zipper with top storm flap for protection and versatile ventilation
- Elastic at waist holds jersey in position
- Three back pockets for easy storage
- BioViz reflective elements for low-light visibility
- Body: 100% polyester; Back Panel/Inside Sleeves: 87% polyester 13% elastane
- Optimal for 50-60°F, but range varies with personal need and accessory use
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, XL, XXL
- Color: Black, Black/Yellow
- Weight: 211 grams (Large)