Pearl Izumi Pro Sock
Not a huge fan of the trend towards tall cycling socks, but still want some style, performance, compression, and impressive moisture management? Pearl Izumi offers the full range of cycling socks and thankfully, their pro cycling level sock is available in a standard old cycling sock height.
The heart of the sock is Pearl's P.R.O. Transfer yarn, which has a wonderfully soft hand, yet wicks away moisture and offers antimicrobial properties. Pearl isn't giving up the overall material percentages, but to achieve the compression level of the Pro Sock, we'd guess it varies, along with the actual fabric construction, from 30-40%. Flat toe seam construction provides superior comfort over toes, and you can see the application of the yarn and fabric structures change as you move up the sock. You get arch compression, mesh over the top, a cleanly made thin, shaped heel, then a transition to a set of wider channel structures that act to deliver the compression with comfort over the Achilles tendon. The channels also allow oncoming air to infiltrate and escape quickly so you won't overheat. On top of all that, the cuff is comfortable and stays in place, yet never feels restrictive.
- Cycling sock rated for huge temperature range of 55-100°F
- Incredible breathability, moisture transfer, and sock to skin comfort
- Graduated compression that ensures fit, hold, support; increases blood flow
- P.R.O. Transfer yarns provide superior moisture management
- Flat toe seam construction provides superior comfort over toes
- Standard cuff height
- Sizes: Medium, Large, XL
- Colors: White/Black, Black/Smoked Pearl